User Menu

Notification Settings

Now Playing

Console » PlayStation (PSX)Metal Gear Solid - Discovery by flag KCE Japan Sound Team
Requested By: flag djrandom
Production Labels: LabelKonami
In Albums: Compilation Metal Gear Solid
Icon Icon Icon

Time Left: 5:07

Metal Gear Solid (PSX) Screenshot
Rating: 5.00 (7 Votes)

- Streams

Site Disclaimer

This site is non-profit (though donations are welcome to help pay the hosting/bandwidth fees, click the Donate button to learn about how it works). All music served by this radio station is either in the public domain, freely available on the internet (as MP3, or other original music format) or is played on a 'fair use' basis.

If you find a song that isn't in the public domain, or you wrote a piece of music that you would like removed from the site, please contact one of our team members who will be happy to help. Enjoy the music!

Meet The Dream Team

Site Coder/Maintainer:
FishGuy876 - Admin, Code

The Dream Team:
FishGuy876
Stefan_L
ViThor
Falken
StarPilot
Goatfather
DarkWolf
vanward
tyco
And our ninja moderators...

Extra Resources:
CVGM on Facebook

Popular Forum Topics:
forum Donating to CVGM
forum Never Received CVGM Activation Email
forum Introduce Yourself!
forum BBCodes For Forum & Oneliner
forum OneLiner / Forum Smilies
forum Official Upload FAQ

Please donate to our Beer/Amiga/Atari Fund if you like our site:

CVGM.net - Chiptune, Retro & Video Game Music

Report Problems / Bad Songs / Corrections » Song Corrections / Changes

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Author Thread
flaganni
Lurking since decades ;)

11 Posts
#1198 (11 years, 3 months ago)
dupes:
http://www.cvgm.net/demovibes/song/12071/
http://www.cvgm.net/demovibes/song/12058/
flagcxw
Greetings, program!

53 Posts
#1205 (11 years, 3 months ago)
flag Insert Rupee :

INSERT RUPEE IS:
Benjamin Briggs
Drew Wheeler (aka halc)

OCRemix
Bandcamp
facebook
flagMAT
Objection!

106 Posts
#1207 (11 years, 2 months ago)
Thanks cxw!! Updated the artist. Although those two should probably have been separated since Insert Rupee is a group they belong to... unless that group is credited for their songs instead of their individual names, then it's okay
flagGoatfather
|____/_/_/_/_/_|

96 Posts
#1208 (11 years, 2 months ago)
Though it is not artist, but group and should be splitted into two artists and one group.
flagMAT
Objection!

106 Posts
#1209 (11 years, 2 months ago)
Goat, yes, that's what I thought. But if the song credits Insert Rupee as artist sometimes (any song), then the group can also be added as artist. I think we have some Konami Kukeiha Club as such. A group of dozens of people.

Of course, I am also treating all the orchestras as artists, rather than groups with individual players as artists. But only because song credits orchestras, when it credits individual players like Xenosaga II soundtrack, then they are added to song as artists instead.

But sometimes we also have a group like this ( flag Poets of the Fall ) which is in this particular case credited band for the song, but one of the band members is also an individual artist, so these two are just two artists, not artist and a group.

In my opinion, it depends on how the songs credits the artist. Song never credits a group. If it credits someone, that should be added as artist, be that individual person, a group, an orchestra, or even a company.

Additional note: I don't remember exact talk, but I talked about this with Fish regarding some artists such as Konami Kukeiha Club which exists as both artist and group. Sometimes only individual artists from KKC are credited and then group assigned to them, and some songs credits KKC as artist, not knowing which of the composers from the group made the songs. Of course, such entities, orchestras and companies constantly add/remove composers, so it is good to have that as artist when song credits an entity, imho.
flagStefan_L
Deleted by request

167 Posts
#1210 (11 years, 2 months ago)
I use groups as artist when i dont know the individual artist but the game credits the group only, i think it is better than using "unknown artist".
flagMAT
Objection!

106 Posts
#1211 (11 years, 2 months ago)
I think it is correct to use group as an artist when game or a song only credits a group. Or otherwise you could treat orchestras as groups because that's what they are. Sometimes even official soundtracks credit some group, like Konami Kukeiha Club. Also, games sometimes credit company as a music composer if they hired another company to do the music (in Desperados 2 for PC in credits there is a company credited which basically is a company that does music for the games, but don't individually list the composers, nor on their own site).

In many md/xm/s3m files, it is normal to see composer credited along with the group he belongs to. But if only the group would be credited, then it would/should be added as an artist as well, imho.

I think by doing this we get something similar to MobyGames database where game credits consist of developers which can either be a person or an entity. In their case, entities are just marked as text, while persons get their own page credited with all the connected info to other games. In our case, we treat both people and entities as an artist.
flagcxw
Greetings, program!

53 Posts
#1213 (11 years, 2 months ago)
flag Response (Kenneth Vangsjordet) - flag
Sorry I missed it on the new-artist req
flagcxw
Greetings, program!

53 Posts
#1214 (11 years, 2 months ago)
Castlevania II: Simon's Quest - Last Boss - please edit down to about 1/3 the length
Good tune, but goes on too long.
flagcxw
Greetings, program!

53 Posts
#1215 (11 years, 2 months ago)
flag deathy (Clifford A. Anderson) now in Purmerend, Netherlands - moved from Anchorage and had to leave the synths behind
flagcxw
Greetings, program!

53 Posts
#1229 (11 years ago)
Surrender - details page now here
flagcxw
Greetings, program!

53 Posts
#1230 (11 years ago)
flagFishGuy876
FishGuy876 / Brainstorm

484 Posts
#1231 (11 years ago)
Fixed
flagcxw
Greetings, program!

53 Posts
#1240 (10 years, 11 months ago)
flag Chupathingy (Chris Duddridge)
Name: Chris Duddridge
photo: here
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/chupathingy
Thanks!
flagGoatfather
|____/_/_/_/_/_|

96 Posts
#1241 (10 years, 11 months ago)
Fixed, thanks flagcxw !
Saga_Musix
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

18 Posts
#1247 (10 years, 11 months ago)
Most likely dupes:
Just Machines
Just Machines
The song was entered both into the music compo and was used in a demo. Also, I don't think it makes sense to set the platform to Amiga, because it's really not made on an Amiga, just played as a streamed music in an Amiga demo.
flagGoatfather
|____/_/_/_/_/_|

96 Posts
#1248 (10 years, 11 months ago)
Fixed, Just Machines marked as dupe. Thanks, Saga!
flagfranz_opa
hoplaa!

79 Posts
#1255 (10 years, 11 months ago)
If flags are supposed to indicate location, then Dubmood lives permanently in France, Lluvia and Skaven in Sweden
flagcxw
Greetings, program!

53 Posts
#1277 (10 years, 10 months ago)
flag deathy (Clifford A. Anderson)
location Purmerend, Netherlands
Name C. Anderson
aka Deathangel's Shadow
flagFishGuy876
FishGuy876 / Brainstorm

484 Posts
#1279 (10 years, 10 months ago)
Will leave that one to Deathy to see if he wants all that new info on there
Saga_Musix
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

18 Posts
#1290 (10 years, 9 months ago)
I think there are some things wrong with the Chillosophy #2 compilation.
First off, the compilation includes 21 songs while the musicdisk only has 20.
Sit Down this tune cannot be requested right now, but because of its length I suspect that it's actually "sit down" (#14 on the musicdisk). You could compare the original file from the musicdisk with the one that's on CVGM to verify that it's the same song.
Saga_Musix
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

18 Posts
#1291 (10 years, 9 months ago)
Confirmed my previous report. Drumbient is actually called "Sit Down".
Saga_Musix
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

18 Posts
#1292 (10 years, 9 months ago)
flag Tim Clarke and flag Timothy Steven Clarke are the same person, please merge them.
flagStefan_L
Deleted by request

167 Posts
#1293 (10 years, 9 months ago)
ehe.. how did Koli miss i already added Tim about 2 years before

And is merging possible as a database feature Fishguy? Or one entry has to be deleted and songs moved to the other?
Saga_Musix
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

18 Posts
#1294 (10 years, 9 months ago)
As far as I know it from Nectarine, you'll have to do it the "hard way" and change the author for every single tune... Which is a bit less tedious through the admin backend than the "edit information" form...
Saga_Musix
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

18 Posts
#1295 (10 years, 9 months ago)
Turrican 3 - Title Tune
One of the two stereo channels is inverted, meaning that everything sounds like it's playing somewhere in your head. That hurts quite a bit! I'd propose to replace the recording with a new one. This also means that the tune should consist of 100% silence on the mono streams.
flagwally

3 Posts
#1297 (10 years, 9 months ago)
flag Alexander Emenheiser
YouTube (if relevant)

flag Kevin Maddox
Site: Studio Densetsu
YouTube (if relevant)
Also known as: Wally Banger Chantek
Picture here
User page: flagwally

Edit: Used the artist tag when I meant to use the user tag. Whoops.

Also, if applicable, the entire album for Retro Racer can be downloaded here.
flagStefan_L
Deleted by request

167 Posts
#1299 (10 years, 9 months ago)
Wally i fixed your corrections excpet for your alternative name as i dont know how to do that... unless it is the nickname you want to be known under?

Saga_musix i replaced the Turrican 3 title... i think the old one was recorded using Deliplayer for windows that has an "surround sound" option wich clearly is very popular by those who listen to Amiga music.
flagcxw
Greetings, program!

53 Posts
#1319 (10 years, 8 months ago)
Are Ooh Crikey - There Are No Sheep and There Aren't Any Sheeps In Outer Mongolia duplicates?

Also, I was having major Firefox problems this morning. Songs 31339, 31340, and 31341 are dupes. Songs 31320-31323 are also dupes. Sorry!
flagFishGuy876
FishGuy876 / Brainstorm

484 Posts
#1321 (10 years, 8 months ago)
Hi,

Marked the songs you listed as dupes. Thanks.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Reply To This Forum Post

Before posting a new, or replying to a forum topic, please be mindful of the following simple rules:

Forum posts can include highlighting and other fancy commands for embedding content, songs and groups etc. To learn more about how to use the BBCode features in your post, take a read Here on the forums to see how they look!

Please log in to post a reply.