User Menu

Notification Settings

Now Playing

Miscellaneous » Wild (unknown/unusual source)Demovibes 13 - The Number Of The Bit by User air2k , flag Willbe (William Lamy)
Requested By: flag LimeProselyte
Icon Icon

Time Left: 79:24

Demovibes 13 - The Number Of the Bit Screenshot
Rating: 5.00 (3 Votes)

- Streams

Site Disclaimer

This site is non-profit (though donations are welcome to help pay the hosting/bandwidth fees, click the Donate button to learn about how it works). All music served by this radio station is either in the public domain, freely available on the internet (as MP3, or other original music format) or is played on a 'fair use' basis.

If you find a song that isn't in the public domain, or you wrote a piece of music that you would like removed from the site, please contact one of our team members who will be happy to help. Enjoy the music!

Meet The Dream Team

Site Coder/Maintainer:
FishGuy876 - Admin, Code

The Dream Team:
FishGuy876
Stefan_L
ViThor
Falken
StarPilot
Goatfather
DarkWolf
vanward
tyco
And our ninja moderators...

Extra Resources:
CVGM on Facebook

Popular Forum Topics:
forum Donating to CVGM
forum Never Received CVGM Activation Email
forum Introduce Yourself!
forum BBCodes For Forum & Oneliner
forum OneLiner / Forum Smilies
forum Official Upload FAQ

Please donate to our Beer/Amiga/Atari Fund if you like our site:

CVGM.net - Chiptune, Retro & Video Game Music

Development Area » Demovibes Project Site (And Feature Reqs / Bugs) - Important

Pages: 1
Author Thread
flagFishGuy876
FishGuy876 / Brainstorm

484 Posts
#10 (14 years, 6 months ago)
Hi,

We have moved the demovibes project site over to Google Code, it can be found at the following link: http://code.google.com/p/demovibes-cvgm

From this point onwards, this should be the place to go to report all bugs found (that are not specific to the site) as well as request new features. The developers will be checking the site daily for such reports to assist us with developing. I will start going through some of the forum posts on the site later today and add the ones I think are valid feature reqs/bug fixes, though if you want to go ahead and submit them for me, please do so You can see the currently active list of site bugs Here, and a list of those that have been fixed already can be found Here.

The new change also see's us switching to a Subversion repository instead of Git, which makes people a little more comfy when working with the code. For those who want/need/interested in looking at the code, you can check out the latest dev-branch directly from the site, or download the latest stable release (which won't be updated as often as the latest dev versions). Click the Source tab in the Google Code repo for more information.

This allows us to focus more on the code than messing around with anything else. Instead of having documents in 10 different places, we can go to one place, and keep that ticket updated as to it's current status. This branch is also aimed primarily at CVGM based development, and while some of it can be used for the other branches (and we encourage them to use it) some changes might not be as interesting to them.

Reporting Bugs / Feature Requests
Visit the Google Code site linked above and go to the Issues tab. From there, you can click 'New Issue' and from the template list, pick the template that best describes what you are trying to do. When posting tickets, please be as descriptive as possible. If we are missing info or the request isn't clear we will kick it back and ask for more info.

If we see no issues being posted, then we can only assume that the code posted is perfect!!

As always, if you have any additional questions about this change, or anything in regards to the project itself, feel free to get in touch with us here!
flagFishGuy876
FishGuy876 / Brainstorm

484 Posts
#1085 (11 years, 5 months ago)
Updated the details a bit in the above post to point to the new code repo on Google, and added some links to get to Active/Fixed issues
flagDynamika
Truth is the most important - Magda

83 Posts
#1647 (7 years, 8 months ago)
why I cannot make a New issue tiket anymore?
flagFishGuy876
FishGuy876 / Brainstorm

484 Posts
#1648 (7 years, 8 months ago)
Google has since shut down its code service for new tickets. You can report issues with the site in this forum for the time being. Thanks.
flagDynamika

83 Posts
#1649 (7 years, 8 months ago)
Bug

I noticed (and I tested all fields some time ago and now) that the fields for optional contact (these marked with word optional) do not show in user's profile.

How to reproduce the bug:
1- go to Edit My Profile link
2- type a valid URL or ID in the field AOL IM, Yahoo! ID, ICQ Number, Twitter ID
3- Press Update button
4- There is no info shown on your profile

H.O.L. ID works only fields with word optional do not and aren't viewable on profile page
flagDynamika

83 Posts
#1650 (7 years, 8 months ago)
Bug

A lot of songs are skipped in the queue. Yesterday was actual.
flagFishGuy876
FishGuy876 / Brainstorm

484 Posts
#1784 (5 years, 8 months ago)
Bug in this XML Code: https://github.com/FishGuy876/demovibes-cvgm/blob/master/templates/jinja/global/webview/xml/song.xml

Last Played is mixed up with Last Request and the other field is missing and needs to be added to the XML code output.
flagFishGuy876
FishGuy876 / Brainstorm

484 Posts
#1785 (5 years, 8 months ago)
Patch to fix the Re:Re:Re problem with Private Messages (Thanks to Phlubby for this one) : https://github.com/penamety/demovibes/commit/71a3b28897bd8e9ecf2008de46a403f46129c52e
flagDynamika

83 Posts
#1829 (5 years, 6 months ago)
Observation:

Sometimes the song is already played but it does not skip to another song, waiting for several seconds (let's say many) then switch to next. It happened for Groove Spirit but I think it does not matter what song. this may be not a bug, but from wireless connection, so consider this as observation

Error 502 for administration. Search and other features not working for all. Probably same reason, the one u mentioned Fixed

No more issues found.
flagDynamika

83 Posts
#1950 (4 years, 6 months ago)
Request:

Hello Fishguy!

Last week the well known site for hosting the pictures, Tinypic has started closing down their service. I found out that all of my pictures posted on cvgm forums are no longer visible to others. Because I do not know another good hosting site, and it is never safe if such service wont close in another few months I have the request.

To make forum pictures and users profile-content pictures uploading directly to the cvgm.net site, so they will not be gone.

Forum pics would be a small percent of all stuff uploaded but it would solve the problem of disappearing pictures due to third party service closures.
flagFishGuy876
FishGuy876 / Brainstorm

484 Posts
#1951 (4 years, 6 months ago)
Hi Creonix,

I think this is probably possible through some sort of FTP control on the CVGM host. I'll do some digging on it later today and see what I can get working. Theoretically, i should be able to set you up with an account there that lets you upload to your own 'folder' and stuff can be hot linked from there, whether it be pictures or something else.
flagFishGuy876
FishGuy876 / Brainstorm

484 Posts
#1955 (4 years, 6 months ago)
Hi Creonix,

I have figured out a way to make this work and sent some information to your email to try out. It should be possible to add more users should it be needed. Let me know how it works!
flagDynamika

83 Posts
#1956 (4 years, 6 months ago)
Fishguy all works fine, already fixed some of the pictures.
flagFishGuy876
FishGuy876 / Brainstorm

484 Posts
#2071 (3 years, 1 month ago)
All future posts in this thread should be made at forum Reporting Site Bugs. Thanks!
Pages: 1

Reply To This Forum Post

Sorry, this thread is closed. No further comments are permitted.