User Menu

Notification Settings

Now Playing

Computer » Amiga (500 / 600 / 1200 / 2000 / 3000 / 4000)The Plague - Ingame Have video by flag Ron Klaren
Requested By: flag DennyVenice
Production Labels: LabelInnerprise LabelRainbow Arts
Icon

Time Left: 5:23

Rating: 4.80 (25 Votes)

- Streams

Site Disclaimer

This site is non-profit (though donations are welcome to help pay the hosting/bandwidth fees, click the Donate button to learn about how it works). All music served by this radio station is either in the public domain, freely available on the internet (as MP3, or other original music format) or is played on a 'fair use' basis.

If you find a song that isn't in the public domain, or you wrote a piece of music that you would like removed from the site, please contact one of our team members who will be happy to help. Enjoy the music!

Meet The Dream Team

Site Coder/Maintainer:
FishGuy876 - Admin, Code

The Dream Team:
FishGuy876
Stefan_L
ViThor
Falken
StarPilot
Goatfather
DarkWolf
vanward
tyco
And our ninja moderators...

Extra Resources:
CVGM on Facebook

Popular Forum Topics:
forum Donating to CVGM
forum Never Received CVGM Activation Email
forum Introduce Yourself!
forum BBCodes For Forum & Oneliner
forum OneLiner / Forum Smilies
forum Official Upload FAQ

Please donate to our Beer/Amiga/Atari Fund if you like our site:

CVGM.net - Chiptune, Retro & Video Game Music

Report Problems / Bad Songs / Corrections » Song Corrections / Changes

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Author Thread
flagFishGuy876
FishGuy876 / Brainstorm

484 Posts
#287 (13 years, 10 months ago)
This thread has been created so that users can report incorrect data about any song, group, label or missing information. You can use BBCode to link to songs/artists (see forum BBCodes For Forum & Oneliner).
flagFishGuy876
FishGuy876 / Brainstorm

484 Posts
#288 (13 years, 10 months ago)
Fixed Pouet, year and Tags in Ghastobello Belle.
flagFishGuy876
FishGuy876 / Brainstorm

484 Posts
#314 (13 years, 7 months ago)
Most of the Nemesis songs on artist page flag Kinuyo Yamashita (山下 絹代) seem to crap out the streamer. Every time.
flagFalken
Falken / brainstorm

48 Posts
#334 (13 years, 6 months ago)
Illumination cuts out early.
flagFishGuy876
FishGuy876 / Brainstorm

484 Posts
#335 (13 years, 6 months ago)
franz_koopa(17:40:36)
sounds rather YM than older speccy (song 5612)
franz_koopa(17:18:23)
song number 68 has probably a wrong platform. please check
flagfranz_opa
hoplaa!

79 Posts
#336 (13 years, 6 months ago)
There are lots of spectrum's AY-songs uploaded under "spectrum 16k/48k/+" platform which was meant for spectrum beeper

Most of them are uploaded by Vithor and I already sent him a message

Isn't it so that ZX Spectrum models 16k, 48k and + have just beeper?

(btw, does "beeper" have any more accurate name? Also AY sounds rather bleepy for most of ppl)

Platform names could also be changed to "ZX Spectrum beeper" and "ZX Spectrum AY38910" if that makes the issue easier for uploaders. However, the 16k/48k/+ platform was created for early beeper music and no AY-stuff should be found from there.
flagFalken
Falken / brainstorm

48 Posts
#337 (13 years, 6 months ago)
Absent Minded is most definitely not adlib/opl-2
flagStefan_L
Deleted by request

167 Posts
#338 (13 years, 6 months ago)
You think it is OPL-3?
i would presume it actually is OPL-2 since it is not in stereo.
flagFalken
Falken / brainstorm

48 Posts
#339 (13 years, 6 months ago)
That's not quite what I meant. I don't know what platform it really is, but it just doesn't sound like anything an OPL chip could do.

I could be completely wrong however.
flagStefan_L
Deleted by request

167 Posts
#340 (13 years, 6 months ago)
You are underestimating the Adlib ;-)
flagfranz_opa
hoplaa!

79 Posts
#341 (13 years, 6 months ago)
Those different spectrum platforms were meant to separate spectrum's beeper music from AY music.

Now I have learned that with some extra card people can get AY-sound out of earlier Spectrums too.

However, I think that keeping beeper and AY under their own platforms is good idea (so that requester knows what he/she gets)

I guess we could rename platforms to "ZX Spectrum - beeper" and "ZX Spectrum - AY" and transfer AY songs to the latter. If there are songs featuring both beeper and AY played at the same time, I guess they still sound rather AY music than beeper music and the latter platform is better for them.
flagStefan_L
Deleted by request

167 Posts
#342 (13 years, 6 months ago)
I think renaming the platforms to Beeper/AY would be fine.

fishguy would probably say "use the tags to sort beeper tunes"... or somehing similar ;-P
flagfranz_opa
hoplaa!

79 Posts
#343 (13 years, 6 months ago)
Commander Keen 4 songs must be OPL-2 rather than OPL-3 if they have been made in 1991 or what do you think?
flagStefan_L
Deleted by request

167 Posts
#344 (13 years, 6 months ago)
so "ZX Spectrum 128" would become ZX Spectrum - AY".
And "ZX Spectrum 16k/48k/+" would be "ZX Spectrum - Beeper".

But what about "Z80/ULA"? should it be moved to "ZX Spectrum - Beeper" platform.

Any objections?... if not then i will change to those platforms as i wrote in this post.
flagFishGuy876
FishGuy876 / Brainstorm

484 Posts
#345 (13 years, 6 months ago)
Im OK with the renaming of platforms. Z80/ULA (mostly Mister Beep songs) are recorded on a Sinclair Timex, or the North American version of the ZX81 and are not a spectrum at all, so yes there is some other differences between the Spectrum Beeper and Z80/ULA.

And yes, you should be tagging songs anyways with this stuff as you need to Anyone on the site can add songs to tags, so if you know it to be different somehow, a tag is the most useful thing at this point.
flagStefan_L
Deleted by request

167 Posts
#351 (13 years, 6 months ago)
i have renamed them now
flagjohny8

7 Posts
#353 (13 years, 6 months ago)
FishGuy, like Ultrasyd advised, I appeare here, to inform.

Spectrum/AY is OK because all Spectrums have different AY (no differences in sound) and actually you could even write Spectrum AY/YM (slight difference in sond, you wouldn't even notice) because majority of Spectrums on the East have YM only.
But I wouldn't care - we say Spectrum AY simply.

The Beeper category isn't required because it's double with Z80/ULA ZX/Timex.
(Btw, only Timex 2048 and Timex 2068 can play regular music, not the ZX81 clones).

Beeper is only a small speaker-output and nobody uses it, as there's an audio-out called "MIC". the name "beeper" remained because it's short. but the sound itself is created by Z80 chip and sent into audio ouptut via ULA chip.
People connect regular loudspeakers to Spectrum so it's not a Beeper actually.
It's only a short name.
However it can stay as long as you delete the Z80/ULA category - it is the same thing.
I noticed too late that they're doubled and added some songs with "Beeper".
It's really required to make from them both - one category. Choose what you like more.
flagFishGuy876
FishGuy876 / Brainstorm

484 Posts
#356 (13 years, 5 months ago)
If the category can all fit into beeper then I am OK for renaming all those categorys as well then
flagjohny8

7 Posts
#357 (13 years, 5 months ago)
Fish:
well, they're virtually the same. All. Everything. "Beeper" is a customary name and "Z80/ULA" is a technical description.
Of the same thing.
So there rather should be only one of the categories. Which one?
It doesn't matter at all. You choose what you like more.
flagFishGuy876
FishGuy876 / Brainstorm

484 Posts
#358 (13 years, 5 months ago)
Maybe just a combo of both names, like "Beeper (Z80/ULA etc.)" or something similar to indicate the different types that fall into the category?
flagFishGuy876
FishGuy876 / Brainstorm

484 Posts
#383 (13 years, 5 months ago)
I have updated all of the tracks for flag Martin Galway to include correct year, label, and also tagged them (and added videos for the ones I could find). Enjoy
flagFishGuy876
FishGuy876 / Brainstorm

484 Posts
#404 (13 years, 4 months ago)
Herm needs re-encoding as it loops for way too long at the end
flagFishGuy876
FishGuy876 / Brainstorm

484 Posts
#407 (13 years, 4 months ago)
I have replaced Earth is Rotten (Reset) with a version that Donald Fakk sent to me directly; He stated:

Donald Fakk said: "all YM emulators I've heard sofar is wrong! Now this is a bold statement, but actually..! Back in the days, I found that one could make echoeffects with the samplings by configuring the chipset - if you guys are interested, I have an mp3 of EarthIsRotten sounding the way it should. Recorded from my old ST1040 it is, quality is real bad but still - one can perceive the echo. Cheers, and big hi:s to Ultrasyd as well! :)"

flagStefan_L
Deleted by request

167 Posts
#409 (13 years, 4 months ago)
It was i who added the Donald Fakk recordings and they are recorded from a real ST... but comparing this one i see that there are big differences.... i did put a note when i uploaded Young (Unfinished) that it (and others sounded bad) but i thought it was because it was an unfinished song as i have some vauge memory that Grazey of PHF said that.
I dont know what could have gone wrong when i recorded those, i will check it out this weekend and re-record all if needed.
flagFishGuy876
FishGuy876 / Brainstorm

484 Posts
#410 (13 years, 4 months ago)
Donald told me he will dig up some of his ST files and send them to me, so for the time being, hold off on re-recording anything. Maybe there is something slightly different in the files that he has. When I get them from him, I will forward them over for you to take a look at and work with. Perhaps the problem comes from the replayer or some other custom aspect. With Earth is Rotten, the ending was very different on Donald's recording, so maybe the files you have are not as recent. There are many different explanations
flagStefan_L
Deleted by request

167 Posts
#411 (13 years, 4 months ago)
i changed platform for the "Metal Slug 2" music to Neo Geo... as i first uploaded them as arcade
Something tells me i will make this mistake many more times ;-)
flagFishGuy876
FishGuy876 / Brainstorm

484 Posts
#423 (13 years, 3 months ago)
Fixed the album Danny's Incredible 8-Bit Voyage and removed the old songs that were causing segfaults. Remember, do not add any more songs through the admin panel as they will break the DB
flagjyooruje
Coimbra

34 Posts
#452 (13 years ago)
I trully belive that flag Dr. Zilog songs should be changed form NES to Wild on plataform. I dont listen to all of them but the ones i have listen they have real drums. I made the change in that cases.
flagjohny8

7 Posts
#454 (13 years ago)
Hi.

This is AY of course.
http://www.cvgm.net/demovibes/song/5147/
flaganni
Lurking since decades ;)

11 Posts
#524 (12 years, 9 months ago)
[song]11175[/song] is dupe of Tututu
(or vica versa)

(dunno if this is the correct thread for such infos though...)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Reply To This Forum Post

Before posting a new, or replying to a forum topic, please be mindful of the following simple rules:

Forum posts can include highlighting and other fancy commands for embedding content, songs and groups etc. To learn more about how to use the BBCode features in your post, take a read Here on the forums to see how they look!

Please log in to post a reply.