User Menu

Notification Settings

Now Playing

Console » PlayStation 2 (PS2)Beyond Good & Evil - Redemption by flag Christophe Héral , flag Laetitia Pansanel-Garric
Requested By: flag djrandom
Production Labels: LabelUbisoft Entertainment
Icon Icon

Time Left: 1:53

Beyond Good & Evil - shot 3 Screenshot
Rating: 5.00 (1 Votes)

- Streams

Site Disclaimer

This site is non-profit (though donations are welcome to help pay the hosting/bandwidth fees, click the Donate button to learn about how it works). All music served by this radio station is either in the public domain, freely available on the internet (as MP3, or other original music format) or is played on a 'fair use' basis.

If you find a song that isn't in the public domain, or you wrote a piece of music that you would like removed from the site, please contact one of our team members who will be happy to help. Enjoy the music!

Meet The Dream Team

Site Coder/Maintainer:
FishGuy876 - Admin, Code

The Dream Team:
FishGuy876
Stefan_L
ViThor
Falken
StarPilot
Goatfather
DarkWolf
vanward
tyco
And our ninja moderators...

Extra Resources:
CVGM on Facebook

Popular Forum Topics:
forum Donating to CVGM
forum Never Received CVGM Activation Email
forum Introduce Yourself!
forum BBCodes For Forum & Oneliner
forum OneLiner / Forum Smilies
forum Official Upload FAQ

Please donate to our Beer/Amiga/Atari Fund if you like our site:

CVGM.net - Chiptune, Retro & Video Game Music

News » Site Migration [12/10/2010]

Pages: 1
Author Thread
flagFishGuy876
FishGuy876 / Brainstorm

484 Posts
#421 (13 years, 3 months ago)
Hi,

We have completed our migration to a new server setup. Many thanks to all those who were patient during the process

We are now running on a new server setup, Ubuntu 10.10 using Cherokee/uWsgi as our main provider. This gives us many improvements to the speed of the site, as I am sure many of you have seen in the oneliner.

Should anyone have any odd problems, please report them in this forum post. Thanks!
flagFishGuy876
FishGuy876 / Brainstorm

484 Posts
#422 (13 years, 3 months ago)
Hi,

Just some additional updates to my very brief post, now im not tapping it out on a cell phone

Firstly, the migration process is pretty much complete. I made a decision to upgrade the entire server with the latest version of Ubuntu Server (10.10 Maveric) as the previous version was now getting very bogged down with patches and other hacks to get packages to work that were no longer supported for it's distribution. It became obvious again that when upgrading to the new webserver system, problems existed and I could patch around them, or take the better and more practical route of upgrading the entire server.

The update didnt initially go as smooth as I would have liked, as I had applied a slightly newer version of the Cherokee web server (v1.0.13) which turned out to be a bad thing. After a few days of troubleshooting constant 400/504 errors, sudden loss of the site for random periods of time etc. it turns out there is a known bug (documented Here) with v1.0.13 that causes all of this mess. After the server was downgraded to v1.0.12 then all the mess went away and everything worked

I would like to give a big thanks to Terrasque who once again has beena lifesaver in the process of helping me with troubleshooting, and reminding me to sacrifice virgin chickens on a regular basic to make the uwsgi gods spare the server We are now running on a much faster server and everything should be greatly increased in speed and performance. Thanks to everyone else for being patient throughout the whole process.

From this point on, everything should be restored and I have no problems on my list that need fixing (besides a couple of song page errors, which I already know about) so as always, please report any wierdness or silly issues with the site
flagjyooruje
Coimbra

34 Posts
#425 (13 years, 3 months ago)
Sometimes i got a 504 gateway timeout error when i try to see my favorites.
flagFishGuy876
FishGuy876 / Brainstorm

484 Posts
#426 (13 years, 3 months ago)
Yes, I get that too with long lists, I just need to turn up the timeout value Ill change it tonight to something much higher
flagjyooruje
Coimbra

34 Posts
#427 (13 years, 3 months ago)
Thanks
Pages: 1

Reply To This Forum Post

Before posting a new, or replying to a forum topic, please be mindful of the following simple rules:

Forum posts can include highlighting and other fancy commands for embedding content, songs and groups etc. To learn more about how to use the BBCode features in your post, take a read Here on the forums to see how they look!

Please log in to post a reply.