User Menu

Notification Settings

Now Playing

Console » Super NES (SNES) / Super FamicomFinal Fantasy VI - Grand Finale by flag Nobuo Uematsu (植松 伸夫)
Requested By: flag djrandom
Production Labels: LabelSquare Co.
In Albums: Compilation Final Fantasy VI

Time Left: 3:14

final fantasy vi snes title Screenshot
Rating: 4.50 (8 Votes)

- Streams

Site Disclaimer

This site is non-profit (though donations are welcome to help pay the hosting/bandwidth fees, click the Donate button to learn about how it works). All music served by this radio station is either in the public domain, freely available on the internet (as MP3, or other original music format) or is played on a 'fair use' basis.

If you find a song that isn't in the public domain, or you wrote a piece of music that you would like removed from the site, please contact one of our team members who will be happy to help. Enjoy the music!

Meet The Dream Team

Site Coder/Maintainer:
FishGuy876 - Admin, Code

The Dream Team:
FishGuy876
Stefan_L
ViThor
Falken
StarPilot
Goatfather
DarkWolf
vanward
tyco
And our ninja moderators...

Extra Resources:
CVGM on Facebook

Popular Forum Topics:
forum Donating to CVGM
forum Never Received CVGM Activation Email
forum Introduce Yourself!
forum BBCodes For Forum & Oneliner
forum OneLiner / Forum Smilies
forum Official Upload FAQ

Please donate to our Beer/Amiga/Atari Fund if you like our site:

CVGM.net - Chiptune, Retro & Video Game Music

Development Area » CVGM Is Upgrading (Again!)

Pages: 1
Author Thread
flagFishGuy876
FishGuy876 / Brainstorm

484 Posts
#2172 (1 year, 6 months ago)
Hey Everyone!

So it comes that time of the year again where I start to do some upgrades to the CVGM Server. This time, I have secured a new Intel server with 2x L5650's for 12 physical cores (24 Logical cores), and double the current storage only now it'll be on SSD for a massive performance increase. The reason for the upgrade is quite simple - CVGM is running out of space and we needed more!

I would like to try and get the upgrades done on Saturday Night/Sunday (October 15/16) so there might be some interruptions during that time while I work out all the bugs and get all the datas transferred over. I don't think the streams are affected immediately, but i'll make sure they connect to the new site ASAP so people can at least listen while I fix stuff!

If anyone has any issues, feel free to let me know. Thanks everyone, for your continued support to CVGM over the years.

FishGuy876
flagepso

10 Posts
#2173 (1 year, 6 months ago)
Thanks fishy and goodluck upgrading!
flagFishGuy876
FishGuy876 / Brainstorm

484 Posts
#2174 (1 year, 6 months ago)
Hi Everyone!

So, the upgrade is complete at this point. As the new server has some significant performance increases, I will tweak the CVGM site configs and code over the next few weeks to try and squeeze the maximum out of this new server. I did have an issue with SSL, but i think thats now resolved for everyone.

If anyone has any issues, feel free to report them both good or bad. At the moment, I see about a 25 second performance increase when I load my favourites list compared to before (I have over 2500 favourites in one giant list). I have made some SQL tweaks today too, so I will keep an eye on those over the next few days to see how they do over time.

Thanks everyone, for your continued support and patience

FishGuy876
flagMagda
Truth is the most important - Magda

84 Posts
#2176 (1 year, 5 months ago)
The tags [ color=#xxxxxx ] and [ size ] don't work. I cannot say if this upgrade is the reason, I thjnk no - they didn't work before.
Search engine does not work
flagFishGuy876
FishGuy876 / Brainstorm

484 Posts
#2179 (1 year, 5 months ago)
Hi,

Yes, search is broken. Thanks for reminding me I'll try to get that fixed up a bit today, wanted to try a few things on the new server to increase the update interval now that we have a bit more processing power to play with.

I'll have a look at the colour tags and see whats going on, as far as I can remember they should be working in forums. Thanks
Pages: 1

Reply To This Forum Post

Before posting a new, or replying to a forum topic, please be mindful of the following simple rules:

Forum posts can include highlighting and other fancy commands for embedding content, songs and groups etc. To learn more about how to use the BBCode features in your post, take a read Here on the forums to see how they look!

Please log in to post a reply.