User Menu

Notification Settings

Now Playing

Computer » ZX Spectrum (AY)It's Life by flag MmcM (Sergey Kosov)
Requested By: flag DennyVenice
Icon

Time Left: 3:26

Rating: 4.58 (19 Votes)

- Streams

Site Disclaimer

This site is non-profit (though donations are welcome to help pay the hosting/bandwidth fees, click the Donate button to learn about how it works). All music served by this radio station is either in the public domain, freely available on the internet (as MP3, or other original music format) or is played on a 'fair use' basis.

If you find a song that isn't in the public domain, or you wrote a piece of music that you would like removed from the site, please contact one of our team members who will be happy to help. Enjoy the music!

Meet The Dream Team

Site Coder/Maintainer:
FishGuy876 - Admin, Code

The Dream Team:
FishGuy876
Stefan_L
ViThor
Falken
StarPilot
Goatfather
DarkWolf
vanward
tyco
And our ninja moderators...

Extra Resources:
CVGM on Facebook

Popular Forum Topics:
forum Donating to CVGM
forum Never Received CVGM Activation Email
forum Introduce Yourself!
forum BBCodes For Forum & Oneliner
forum OneLiner / Forum Smilies
forum Official Upload FAQ

Please donate to our Beer/Amiga/Atari Fund if you like our site:

CVGM.net - Chiptune, Retro & Video Game Music

Development Area » GameSong tags

Pages: 1
Author Thread
flagMAT
Objection!

106 Posts
#1003 (11 years, 7 months ago)
Not sure if users can created/rename tags, so I'm posting this here instead of under general section. This can be treated as suggestion as well, so this section is just fine for now

I've turned tags back on so I can work on this rather than creating album for something which may grow very large over time.

Anyway, I've created three tags concerning songs, so just in case you run into any of such tags, please don't remove them or make your own over it (well, if I made mistake on some song, please do fix it, though ;))

1. GameSongs
- this tag has all the songs that are made for the games and used in the games

2. GameSongsRemixed
- this tag contains songs that are variations to songs used in the game (for example English version of Parasite Eve's main theme can only be found on remix soundtrack, while the game and first soundtrack contain spanish version, or on Silent Hill soundtracks you can sometimes find additional songs not used in the game, or remixed version of used songs)

3. GameSongsLicensed
- this tag contains all the songs that are used in the game, but are not made for the game explicitly (games like Need for Speed or various sports games have many licensed songs that are used in the game, but aren't made for the game... also Fallout 3 or some other games have some oldies used in the game that were not made for the game itself)

Anyway, feel free to add any song that is used in the game or made for the game. As the first two words imply, these groups aren't made for demo/scene songs that have nothing whatsoever with games
flagStefan_L
Deleted by request

167 Posts
#1004 (11 years, 7 months ago)
What do you mean? Actually all users can use and modify tags. What songs have you added those tags to i could not see any?

You don't need to stop making compilations... i'm sure if there are many compilations available then they will be used for sessions and such a bit more
flagGoatfather
|____/_/_/_/_/_|

96 Posts
#1005 (11 years, 7 months ago)
I like "GameSongsLicensed". Must update excellent Fallout 3 tracks with it.

- Le Goat
flagMAT
Objection!

106 Posts
#1006 (11 years, 7 months ago)
STEFAN_L:
Currently, GameSongsRemixed and GameSongsLicensed have 2 tracks each, but GameSongs group has over 20 tracks in it and it appears in the Tags section on the left menu so you can easily find that one.

Err... just checked the Tags section, but I don't see GameSongs anywhere... strange, yesterday when I created the tag it was there.

Here's the links then so we have a place for an easy access/check (might later add them on my profile page as well):

- http://www.cvgm.net/demovibes/tags/GameSongs/
- http://www.cvgm.net/demovibes/tags/GameSongsRemixed/
- http://www.cvgm.net/demovibes/tags/GameSongsLicensed/

Oh, yeah, covers of licensed songs should also be considered licensed songs, even if they are remixed, because basically they're licensed songs just slightly changed to suit the game better (like the main theme for Saboteur game which, btw, sounds awesome in the game, but oldie is, well, oldie)... either that, or we should add one more tag to cover such special cases.

As for compilations, no, I won't stop making compilations for games and game soundtracks, but I didn't want to make one for this because this, in time, will probably get larger and larger.

GOATFATHER:
Yeah, I thought of those too, didn't add them yet, will leave it to you

IN GENERAL:
Too bad that tags can't have comment or description to help explain it like I did in first post on this thread.
flagMAT
Objection!

106 Posts
#1007 (11 years, 7 months ago)
I've also started creating tags for game groups or franchises since compilations are not really useful for anything too large.

I am (and will continue) using this syntax: GameGroup_FRANCHISENAME for the tags.

I've updated info on the tags I am using on my info page and will update it as I create more.
At the moment there is only one for "Command & Conquer" franchise.

Would be cooler if I could create a link to the tag (not by using full URL, though, but more like link to an artist or song).

........................after talking with Fish and the others fishes.........................

It's decided it's better to keep it as two tags, Franchisename and Series.
FranchiseName being something like SilentHill or CommandAndConquer, and "Series" just indicating it's about entire series, not just a single game.
Pages: 1

Reply To This Forum Post

Before posting a new, or replying to a forum topic, please be mindful of the following simple rules:

Forum posts can include highlighting and other fancy commands for embedding content, songs and groups etc. To learn more about how to use the BBCode features in your post, take a read Here on the forums to see how they look!

Please log in to post a reply.