User Menu

Notification Settings

Now Playing

Computer » PC (custom)Legomania Have video by flag Firestorm (Panu Aaltio)
Requested By: flag djrandom
Pouet Icon

Time Left: 7:57

Legomania Screenshot
Rating: 4.48 (23 Votes)

- Streams

Site Disclaimer

This site is non-profit (though donations are welcome to help pay the hosting/bandwidth fees, click the Donate button to learn about how it works). All music served by this radio station is either in the public domain, freely available on the internet (as MP3, or other original music format) or is played on a 'fair use' basis.

If you find a song that isn't in the public domain, or you wrote a piece of music that you would like removed from the site, please contact one of our team members who will be happy to help. Enjoy the music!

Meet The Dream Team

Site Coder/Maintainer:
FishGuy876 - Admin, Code

The Dream Team:
FishGuy876
Stefan_L
ViThor
Falken
StarPilot
Goatfather
DarkWolf
vanward
tyco
And our ninja moderators...

Extra Resources:
CVGM on Facebook

Popular Forum Topics:
forum Donating to CVGM
forum Never Received CVGM Activation Email
forum Introduce Yourself!
forum BBCodes For Forum & Oneliner
forum OneLiner / Forum Smilies
forum Official Upload FAQ

Please donate to our Beer/Amiga/Atari Fund if you like our site:

CVGM.net - Chiptune, Retro & Video Game Music

Looking For Songs / Song Discussions » MT-32 - Transport Tycoon

Pages: 1
Author Thread
flagUltrasyd
( o Y o ) ლ(°◡°ლ)

72 Posts
#683 (12 years, 5 months ago)
Today i thought that it would be cool to record some tunes with the MT-32. I played Transport Tycoon, as the tunes are really wonderful, and there is a jukebox ingame with titles so it's quite easy. But i realised that there are weird stuff : the slides and vibrato sound all off tune. I don't know if it's supposed to be like this with all MT-32, or if it's something due to my poor soundcard (Soundblster Pro clone).

If someone already tried this game with MT-32, let me know. I won't record or uplaod more tunes from this game for the moment ...
flagKoli

19 Posts
#684 (12 years, 5 months ago)
Hm, does this game 'natively' support the MT-32, or does it just pass General MIDI to it? It seems to be a rather old game to properly support the MT-32.
flagStefan_L
Deleted by request

167 Posts
#685 (12 years, 5 months ago)
TT has "real" Roland support
It's from 1994 so i dont think it is too old for MT-32.
I can check out the game later using Dosbox and see how it sound for me
flagStefan_L
Deleted by request

167 Posts
#686 (12 years, 5 months ago)
Wait a minute.. you mean TTD?
TTD does not have "real" Roland support... i checked the game folder and the only "real" support would be AWE32, FM and General Midi.
flagKoli

19 Posts
#687 (12 years, 5 months ago)
Okay, it seems Transport Tycoon's MIDI tracks were originally composed on the Sound Canvas 55. I've played some of the music back on my CM-300, and they sound very balanced - they don't have the pitch bend problems as the MT-32 does. The MT-32 most likely just got a quick port.

I'll try and get some of the tracks recorded.
flagKoli

19 Posts
#688 (12 years, 5 months ago)
Ok, here's 'Small Town' from my CM-300.

http://cosmic-dreams.net/music/pc/transport_tycoon/16_-_Small_Town.flac

I'll try to get around to recording the others, but it may be a few days since I've got my computer's upgrade arriving tomorrow.
flagUltrasyd
( o Y o ) ლ(°◡°ლ)

72 Posts
#689 (12 years, 5 months ago)
Ahh i forget to say that it's Deluxe version of Transport Tycoon. It was published a bit later, it has Roland MT-32 in sound option, and it's on the list of games released for compatibility with MT-32. Small town is one of the tracks i recorded yesterday if i remember. I'll compare with my version as soon as i go back home. Thx !
flagUltrasyd
( o Y o ) ლ(°◡°ლ)

72 Posts
#690 (12 years, 5 months ago)
Haha you damn audiophiles, a flac, that's huge OK, downloading ... listening now ...
In your file everything is OK, like in the original version. The solo sounds good (from 01:49), while it's totally ruined in my MT-32 version, like if the guy playing the solo was drunk
flagKoli

19 Posts
#691 (12 years, 5 months ago)
Haha - sorry, I prefer using FLAC for my recordings.
Pages: 1

Reply To This Forum Post

Before posting a new, or replying to a forum topic, please be mindful of the following simple rules:

Forum posts can include highlighting and other fancy commands for embedding content, songs and groups etc. To learn more about how to use the BBCode features in your post, take a read Here on the forums to see how they look!

Please log in to post a reply.