User Menu

Notification Settings

Now Playing

Handheld » Game Boy (LSDJ, with extra equipment)Codex - Like The Animal I Am by flag Frostbyte
Requested By: flag Hneet
In Albums: Compilation Codex

Time Left: 4:52

Frostbyte - Codex Screenshot
Rating: 4.43 (14 Votes)

- Streams

Site Disclaimer

This site is non-profit (though donations are welcome to help pay the hosting/bandwidth fees, click the Donate button to learn about how it works). All music served by this radio station is either in the public domain, freely available on the internet (as MP3, or other original music format) or is played on a 'fair use' basis.

If you find a song that isn't in the public domain, or you wrote a piece of music that you would like removed from the site, please contact one of our team members who will be happy to help. Enjoy the music!

Meet The Dream Team

Site Coder/Maintainer:
FishGuy876 - Admin, Code

The Dream Team:
FishGuy876
Stefan_L
ViThor
Falken
StarPilot
Goatfather
DarkWolf
vanward
tyco
And our ninja moderators...

Extra Resources:
CVGM on Facebook

Popular Forum Topics:
forum Donating to CVGM
forum Never Received CVGM Activation Email
forum Introduce Yourself!
forum BBCodes For Forum & Oneliner
forum OneLiner / Forum Smilies
forum Official Upload FAQ

Please donate to our Beer/Amiga/Atari Fund if you like our site:

CVGM.net - Chiptune, Retro & Video Game Music

General Discussion » Introduce Yourself!

Pages: 1 2
Author Thread
flagFishGuy876
FishGuy876 / Brainstorm

484 Posts
#151 (14 years, 3 months ago)
Use this post to tell the other members of the site a little bit about yourself! You can also read through the other member posts and learn about your fellow co-listeners

Some things to get you going:
* Your favourite types of tunes (Chip, MIDI Etc.)
* Favourite Artists
* What got you into this type of music
* Systems you own, code for, play on, etc.

Have fun, and don't be shy!
flagjyooruje
Coimbra

34 Posts
#152 (14 years, 3 months ago)
Hi all. My name is Jorge and i came from Portugal. I have 24 years old. I start listening Chipmusic about 1 year ago. I love almost all types of tunes but i have a personal love for C64 and Atari sounds. Hope to make some friends here and learn more about chipmusic.
flagUltrasyd
( o Y o ) ლ(°◡°ლ)

72 Posts
#156 (14 years, 3 months ago)
Nice idea jyooruje and welcome ! So...

- I particularly love YM (ZX, CPC, ST), but i like all kind of chiptunes

- My favorite artists : Maktone, David Whitaker, Rez, Ghidorah, KENOTRON, Jeroen Tel, Targhan, Kenet, Nagz, Zoef, Purple motion, Yerzmyey, Pink, Laxity, Drax, KB, Hubbard, Daglish, BSC, Zalza, Radix, Kenotron... and many more. But i would say that i first discovered scenemusic/chiptunes with these artists. They got me into chiptunes, near...2000 / 2001 but then i had a long period without (2004-2009).

- I started collecting old consoles / computers in 2009, and felt the need to listen to chiptune again and start tracking with CPC, Atari ST, Game Boy, C64, Adlib, Renoise, and lots of other stuff.
But it's funny : i'm not a gamer at all I can't get myself on the TV and play more than 10 minutes hehe (every 2 or 3 months i try and fail). But I would like to play... but i can't, don't know why.... It's just for the collection / nostalgic purpose. I also tried a few coding on Game Boy and Amstrad, but not enough time. Some little triess with pixel arts... also collection old console / computer magazines... When i've got nothing to do, i can paint an old console from time to time. Am I retro ? Well, maybe a bit :/

- If you have Amiga CD32, NEO GEO AES, 3DO, Jaguar, Arcade system, Neo Geo Pocket Color, Thomson TO8D for me, then i'll be your friend
flagLocutus

9 Posts
#227 (14 years, 1 month ago)
Hello there!

As requested, a quick introduction on my part.

My real name is Frank, I'm a 36-year old German, working as scientific staff (and part-time sysadmin and coder guy ) at a university, working group "technical computer science" ("The FPGA Crowd" ).

I've followed the "scene" since the days of the C64 where I did my fair share of, well, putting intros before de-copy-protected games-n-stuff. The first thing I did back then when I got the box was typing in the MSE (a tool to enter machine language programs via hex codes) and then use that to type in an assembler monitor (LOAD "SMON",8,1 - SYS 49152"

Then came the Amiga, which really should have blown the first PCs out of the water!

Nowadays I'm not so much into demo stuffs anymore, but I still very much love listening to my heroes from back then, especially remixes - Rob Hubbard, David Whittaker, Ben Daglish and the whole crew.

My favorite current-time musician is definitely Bjorn Lynne aka. Dr. Awesome aka. Divinorum.

Okay, so much for now, hope to read/chat you soon!

Regards,
Frank
flagMadMax

1 Posts
#279 (13 years, 10 months ago)
Allo allo,

I am Rod Thacker (MadMax) of Canadian Pirates Inc.

I started my journey with 3 other m8's in 1983 as a group on the dark side of the force and crossed the other side in 1991.

Currently active on many fronts.

Fav Quote: Three can keep a secret if two are dead!

Owned machines: 1xKIM-1, 1xCBM 8032, 3xVIC 20, 7xC64, 2xC64C, 1xC plus4, 1xC128, 4xA500, 2xA1000, 2xA1200, 4xA2000, 3xA2000HD, 1xA3000T
flaglatis

2 Posts
#306 (13 years, 8 months ago)
moin moin

Listening to Nectarine and CVGM is lush!

chiptune FTW!!

love old games check out my little web place
http://xtcabandonware.com
flagepso

10 Posts
#307 (13 years, 8 months ago)
Hi everyone

My name is Richard Jansen, 34 years old from NL. I could talk about my first programming experience on the C64 but won't do that because is wasn't that spectacular. I have been listening to nectarine for over ten years, experienced the downtime of the old site. Volunteered back then to yes to help rebuild it, never did so though Just recently discovered cvgm via scenemusic.eu and really love it.

Spending my time programming webrelated stuff (ansi c and php preferably), drinking beer and trying to have a good time.

If anyone needs anything let me know.

cheers,
Richard
flagvsk
nothing to see here...

1 Posts
#313 (13 years, 7 months ago)
Hi I am a very unimportant person.

I love chiptunes especial SID with those "vibro"(?)effects like in Rambo 2 Subtune 2 the first 50 sekonds

flagAnkhAngel
A A Global Entertainment ®™ PREMIER PROPRIETARY

23 Posts
#316 (13 years, 7 months ago)
Greetings my name is Frank Chessar & I was born 8 - 26 - 1963 in the State of California USA. I write Music thru hard wire instruments & Reaper.I don't use Samples or Mods. I create everything that is on my Recordings.I have Composed 4 Songs for Nectarine which have since been removed w/ much controversy & uproar.My Favorite Artist is SPIRAL,I've been a DemoScene listener since 2007 but the date was changed when I loaded my Profile in 2009 to since 2009 don't ask me why I guess all my Faithful years of listening didn't count anymore.Now I am ready to Present myself to the CVGM audience so without further adeuw may I present to you Ankh Angel the performing Artist.
Formerly of Menace, Sanction, Predator,Steamroller,Ancient Iron.
Professional Musician in Studio & on Stage for over 39 years.
Currently holding 54 Top Ten Positions in the past 3 years on
Soundclick.com
flagSixx
G E N E S I S ¤ P R O J E CT

1 Posts
#419 (13 years, 4 months ago)
Hi all..

I'm an old time scener.. Got my first C64 in 85 but went Amiga in 87 in Top Swap and D-Mob as graphician and modem trader. In 1991 i called the local C64 BBS Paradize and meet some of the people whom i would become friends for life with: Genesis Project. Joined Genesis Project as an card supplier and modem trader and in 94-95 we left for F4CG until' 98 when i quit the scene..

Now a days i'm a member of G¤P again and are one of the organizers of Datastorm, an Amiga-C64-console party in Gotheburg, Sweden.

I'm an ascii freak and spend most of my free time doing old school Amiga ascii...

And then I game alot. =) I mostly play old arcade SHMUPS, but my 360 and Wii gets used alot aswell.

Edit: Forgot to mention i love SID, Amiga/atari mods, YM and XM most when it comes to "chip". Love the old legends like Galway, Daglish and Hubbard but also Zalza, Zabutom, Tao, Jeroen Tel, Orcan and many many more...

Edit2: Anyone wanna be fake friends on Facebook can send a friend request to Tobias Bergeld. I'm probably the only one with that name so go ahead.
flagUltrasyd
( o Y o ) ლ(°◡°ლ)

72 Posts
#420 (13 years, 4 months ago)
Welcome Sixx !
A swedish friend of mines, a chiptuner, told me about Datastorm. It looks like a great event : )
flagNadascha
HAS HER OWN CAMERAL USERFLAG!

12 Posts
#456 (13 years ago)
Hi,

I'm Nadascha (35), and I'm a chiptunes lover

I'm not a musician but I'm addicted computer/opensource/handhelds.
flagSyniphas
Why, yes!

2 Posts
#521 (12 years, 10 months ago)
Hi!

My name is Eric, I come from the exquisite lands of Brazil, and I was born in Feb. 21 1994 (I'm younger than most game tunes in this site!!)

My main hobby currently is making music for various platforms, mostly PC (XM), Amiga (MOD), NES, and more rarely, Genesis.
I started making music back in 2007, when I discovered MadTracker 2. Since then, I've improved a lot (or so I hope :P).
I'm also a chiptune lover, one of my favorite artists is Olaf Gustaffson, who made the music for Digital Illusions' Pinball series (Amiga/DOS/SNES).
I really love vintage synthesizers, such as those found in old games, especially FM synthesis, and I own a Yamaha PSS-480 myself, which I use to help me compose some of my songs.

I currently own six consoles (Atari 2600, Sega Master System, Super Nintendo, Playstation, Sega Dreamcast, Nintendo Wii) and one vintage home computer (Amiga 600, broken keyboard). I've always loved old game music, and such became interested in making my own

Cheers!
Sensei

1 Posts
#537 (12 years, 9 months ago)
Hi all. I thought it appropriate to tell you more about myself too

I'm 39 years old(!), born in South Africa, moved around a few times from house to house, country to country, and finally settled here in the UK. I've been an active Nectarine listener since 2000 and CVGM since beginning of this year, though I only recently registered.

My fave tunes certainly are the older chiptunes from legends such as Rob Hubbard, Ben Daglish, Matt Simmonds, David Whittaker, Chris Abbott, Tim Follin, Allister Brimble, Mark Cooksey, etc, but I am also a huge fan of younger generation and newer chippers, such as ULTRASYD (what a legend), Little Bitchard, Dubmood, KB, Firefox, Jester, Xerxes, Daxx, Radix and others.
Lately I seem to be really enjoying Dubstep/Dub style music, especially when chiptuned

I have many hobbies, which doesn't give me much time, but I try to share my time between my wife my RC hobby plane flying, programming, designing, music making and playing games, as well as riding my motorcycle all the time!
Currently I am helping a friend develop a Sam Coupé game. It's just for fun, but it's allowing me to use grafx2 for improving my graphics and I use Etracker (hard to learn with no manual) for the music of each game level. When I'm not busy doing those things, I am learning and trying to compose tunes, using various platforms and trackers, such as Arkos tracker, Milkytracker, Protracker, Chibitracker, Famitracker, amongst a few.

My fave platforms are: all of them! I own many bits of hardware and aim to create graphics and music for those platforms where appropriate. Why? Because I like the variety of challenges.
Currently, I own:
3 PC's, Macbook, iPhone, Wii, Xbox (old one), 2x PS2's, PS3, 2x PSPs, NGPC, Atari Lynx, 2x Dreamcast, Gamecube, GBA, Philips CDi, N64, NES, VCS, Vic 20, Amiga 600, Sega Saturn, CD32, and a few more I've forgotten. And these are just the working ones

I aim to release at least 1 tune on every platform I own, and upload it here. I'll keep you posted!
flagAshtom
Game Video Addiktz

1 Posts
#543 (12 years, 9 months ago)
Hi Everyone,

my name is Ashtom (I do have a real name but even my closest friends call me with my nickname). I'm a french guy living in Geneva, Switzerland, from where I operate Game Video Addiktz with my mate K-¥ (pronounce it K-Yen).
Game Video Addiktz is a hobbyist duo producing videos, music and random shit about video games. We are passionate about the video games culture and want to spread the word.
Personally, I make music since about 15 years and I started working on chip tunes only about 8 months ago (LSDJ being my favorite weapon for the moment).
I'm also dreaming about making my own video games and I try to free some time to achieve this but it's going very slowly for the moment.

Thanks for reading!

Ashtom
flagZephyrix

2 Posts
#546 (12 years, 9 months ago)
Hey everyone, Aaron here!
i love lots of genres of music, (Metal, Punk Rock, Ska) but in my 19 years of living, only the sounds of an NES have been there consistently!

* I dont know much about the types, but if its got square waves then its music for my ears!
* Anamanaguchi, Bit Shifter, Ralp
* I've always loved old videogame music! I was born into the 16 bit age but once i got my hands on an NES i was into 8-bit like no tomorrow
* I currently only own a 360, a 3DS, and a PC; I am also working on building a retro collection

I hope to grow along with this awesome site and community!
flagElrinth

2 Posts
#547 (12 years, 9 months ago)
Hi, I'm Elrinth!

What kinds of music I like:
* I love chip, especially when mixed with more realistic instruments. But I love all kinds of music.

Fav artists:
* rams, Ultrasyd, mickrip, Bit(F)Arts, Jeroen Tel, Nobou Uematsu, Preludio, Mintjam, S.S.H, Fleshbrain, Housethegrate, Virt, Zabutom, Dubmood, Skyline, Beek, I-Chu, Demetori, Cloudscape, Crow’s Claw, Nocturnal Rites

How I started listening:
* I grew up with nes, c64. I loved humming the music even then. Probably because you had to listen too it so much if you wanted sfx feedback. Zelda theme is warm in my heart.

My systems:
* Sharp Twin Famicom, SNES, N64, Atari ST520, Commodore 128, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Sega Megadrive w Sega CD, Gamecube, Zelda-GBASP, 3DS, Wii, PS3, PSP,
But I currently only have PS3 and 3DS up n running. The rest is packed down because I just moved.

Let's all have phun, and don't be a shyguy!
flagrams
let me hack you back in time

27 Posts
#548 (12 years, 9 months ago)
Hi, I'm rams!

I was born in 1983, so i grew up with the Aaaamigaaaaa but back in the day i used it mainly as gaming machine (because i was still a child) - when i was a little bit older, i started using ProTracker and had first contacts with the demo-scene.
I think my earliest compo entries date back to 1996 or something (that was when i was at the 6th grade - so no demo-parties for me at that time). I am a big fan of happy chiptunes and i do make music a lot (doesn't mean that it is any good).
Surprisingly however, lately i have been a bit successful with my tunes and i am allowed to push out a vinyl from time to time.
After all these years i'm still group-less, mainly because i don't fit in any group and i'm a bit too much an artist when it comes to appointments (Or maybe just because i suck )

My fav. artists are: Slyspy, Huelsbeck, Elrinth, Ultrasyd, cerror, Radix, malmen, Virt, dubmood and many more
flagdoudoupoi

1 Posts
#968 (11 years, 7 months ago)
hi all,
I'm Stephane, but everybody call me doudou, 30 years old.

My favorite artists: Stu, Ben Daglish, Divag, Morusque.

Since my Apple 2E, I never stopped playing.
I'm just starting to use LSDJ and Maxymiser.
I have some console/computer and an neo geo arcade system.

English writing is not my strong point I hope to have remained readable.

Cheers!
flagUltrasyd
( o Y o ) ლ(°◡°ლ)

72 Posts
#969 (11 years, 7 months ago)
Hi Doudoupoi, and welcome on board !
LSDJ, maxYMiser, sounds good ! And a collector ! Awesome : )
flagTarantula

2 Posts
#972 (11 years, 7 months ago)
Hey guys!

I'm Paavo from Finland, born 1983. I work as a composer / sound designer in the games industry (my website: http://www.paavoharkonen.com). I'm very omnivorous when it comes to game music - I like both old and new music, across all platforms. But I suppose I have the fondest memories of Amiga and DOS games. Then again, I totally dig C64 and chiptunes too Some of my favourite artists are Stéphane Picq, Chris Hülsbeck, Mark Seibert and Michael Land.

What I love about CVGM is that it offers music from a much wider range of different platforms than most other game music radios. The CVGM database is very impressive, and I'll definitely do my best to make it even better!
flagUltrasyd
( o Y o ) ლ(°◡°ლ)

72 Posts
#973 (11 years, 7 months ago)
Welcome !
flaganttheross

1 Posts
#1142 (11 years, 5 months ago)
Hi,

I'm Ant, a particle physicist in the UK. After growing up gaming on the C64 and Amiga600, I have a fondness of SID music and the sampled tracks from Amiga games. That said, I have enjoyed most of what cvgm has had to offer so far, regardless of genre and platform.

I'm still gaming today, though mostly 90s to modern day PC releases. I get a lot of use out of my Windows 98 VM. My old A600 still makes appearances when teaching my nephews the classics. My favourite game ever is (and has been since 1994) Frontier: Elite 2. It is partially responsible for my being a scientist today! However, it terms of music my favourite is still the Amiga version of The Chaos Engine, what with it's procedurally generated sections and industrial feel.

Thank you for producing such a site, I have been listening to it most days whilst at work. It has so much to offer, such a wide variety of tracks.
flagMAT
Objection!

106 Posts
#1143 (11 years, 5 months ago)
Welcome anttheross! Nice to have you here

And while I'm at it, I failed to introduce myself

I first came to this site about 2-3 months ago. Actually, a game composer friend told me about Nectarine which was cool and all, but they weren't so inclined to accept game music and hence suggested this site. I didn't much like the initial idea of this site (what with that Goat gray design and some crazy Japanese duded constantly taking oneliners with whacky smileys), but I was so wrong to judge the book by its cover. CVGM is so impressive and kicks the heck outta Nectarine

I am not much into demo-scene music in general, but am a big fan of MOD and XM files which is how I first came to know these two sites. But even bigger reason is that CVGM had introduced me to so many great game tracks, both old and new. I grew up on Amiga 500, so while I skipped C64 (even though I had ZX Spectrum and Amstrad for about a year each), Amiga games and modules became a big part of my taste in music and to date mod is still the best sounding music format, imho.

I am also a staff member on MobyGames.com, and always wanted for them to start having some game music to connect with their game database, so this site seems extension in that direction which is really great. I helped them build their game database and I plan to do the same in here, just as well. Probably reason why most of my online time here I'm not listening to the streamer

And no, please don't confuse me with 4-mat. Aside from us sharing first three letters of our name, there is no connection whatsoever
flagapocalyptiq

4 Posts
#1174 (11 years, 4 months ago)
Hi, I'm Szymon from Poland. My story - parents bought Amiga for my older brother's birthday when I was 5 years old (1995), along with many games My fav is Superfrog!

A few years ago, when I was trying to play Amiga games music on guitar, I discovered world of trackers
flagBAREBAXX

1 Posts
#1250 (10 years, 10 months ago)
BIG X HI THERE
http://www.cvgm.net/demovibes/user/BAREBAXX/
flagwally

3 Posts
#1298 (10 years, 8 months ago)
Hi everyone!

The name's Wally, AKA flag Kevin Maddox . I ended up finding this site as a result of some of my music being uploaded to it. I started making MIDIs a few years ago in FL Studio, and ended up taking a liking to Famitracker and NES music in general. I've had a taste and preference in VGM pretty much my entire life.

It's really awesome to see that some of you have heard and enjoy my music already. I can't tell you how much I appreciate that. I've got quite a few other songs on my site that you might enjoy if you like the stuff already on here!
flagLiknus

3 Posts
#1320 (10 years, 7 months ago)
Hi all! =)
I'm Marco aka flagLiknus. I'm from Italy, Vicenza.

I started listening to chipmusic one year ago, or so.. I must admit that I do not listen only to 8bit music.. I'm a fan of trashmetal, electronic, and hard rock too..!
But as more I listen to good chiptunes, more I love it!

My favorite artists are:
1- Rob Hubbard as a composer
2- Sabrepulse as a Dj

I also like a lot LukHash.. In particular his "The last V8" and "Alien" remix.. They blow me away..

My other passions? Shoting with film cameras.. and watches..
flaggumix

1 Posts
#1644 (7 years, 11 months ago)
Hi, my name is Marcin and I like oldskool things like 8bit era sounds and ascii art gfx.

At the moment I try to asciify my favourite arcade game from my childhood, the "Moon Patrol". Project page: http://ascii-patrol.com

Gumix.

flagmeesdorfranger
www.forsvaret.de

6 Posts
#1661 (7 years, 6 months ago)
hi fans,
i am rüdiger, known from that meesdorfrangers song, and my critical view on nectarine-radio.

i like real demoscene, and originalmusic, and cool computational ideas.

i made a little socialmedia offensive the last years! i am at facebook,instagram,twitter and linkedIn.

you know me from titles like dishonored, watch_dogs, volgarr the viking, and from other computersimulations.

i study currently again "cognitive informatics" at https://www.techfak.uni-bielefeld.de/de/bachelorstudiengang-kognitive-informatik-koi .

i hope we have a great time, inventing some real common things for our life, new...

cheerz and greetings to razor1911/fairlight/saunagroup.

/. Rüdiger Müller

ps? i am from that "about 25 years" computerscener and demofreak group, with too much experience in about any topics... thanks for trying to "first think on yourself" as i merely mention easy knowledge anymore-
Pages: 1 2

Reply To This Forum Post

Before posting a new, or replying to a forum topic, please be mindful of the following simple rules:

Forum posts can include highlighting and other fancy commands for embedding content, songs and groups etc. To learn more about how to use the BBCode features in your post, take a read Here on the forums to see how they look!

Please log in to post a reply.