User Menu

Notification Settings

Now Playing

Console » PlayStation 2 (PS2)Kingdom Hearts - Destati by flag Yoko Shimomura (下村 陽子)
Requested By: flag djrandom
Production Labels: LabelSquare Co.
In Albums: Compilation Kingdom Hearts
Icon Icon

Time Left: 2:54

Kingdom Hearts (ingame 1) Screenshot
Rating: 4.00 (4 Votes)

- Streams

Site Disclaimer

This site is non-profit (though donations are welcome to help pay the hosting/bandwidth fees, click the Donate button to learn about how it works). All music served by this radio station is either in the public domain, freely available on the internet (as MP3, or other original music format) or is played on a 'fair use' basis.

If you find a song that isn't in the public domain, or you wrote a piece of music that you would like removed from the site, please contact one of our team members who will be happy to help. Enjoy the music!

Meet The Dream Team

Site Coder/Maintainer:
FishGuy876 - Admin, Code

The Dream Team:
FishGuy876
Stefan_L
ViThor
Falken
StarPilot
Goatfather
DarkWolf
vanward
tyco
And our ninja moderators...

Extra Resources:
CVGM on Facebook

Popular Forum Topics:
forum Donating to CVGM
forum Never Received CVGM Activation Email
forum Introduce Yourself!
forum BBCodes For Forum & Oneliner
forum OneLiner / Forum Smilies
forum Official Upload FAQ

Please donate to our Beer/Amiga/Atari Fund if you like our site:

CVGM.net - Chiptune, Retro & Video Game Music

Development Area » separating atari ST & XL

Pages: 1
Author Thread
flagfranz_opa
hoplaa!

79 Posts
#45 (14 years, 4 months ago)
I tried to ask about this before but somehow I didn't understand the answer. I guess ppl can tell their opinion here.

I have always seen Atari XL & ST as different platforms just like C64 and Amiga. They produce clearly a different kind of sounds.

And since we have those several different Amiga & PC formats I think Atari STE and Atari Falcon could also be separate platforms (at least if we have songs for them).
flagStefan_L
Deleted by request

167 Posts
#46 (14 years, 4 months ago)
The biggest difference between ST and STE is that STE has a digital soundchip.
And stereo output
Falcon is like STE but can play more advanced music (at better quality)..
flagFishGuy876
FishGuy876 / Brainstorm

484 Posts
#49 (14 years, 4 months ago)
I think seperating each individual model of machine (whether it be Atari, Sinclair etc.) is a little too much right now. Grouping stuff together under a single name, like Atari, is much better for your average person who might not know any details about the chip it's played on

We are still seperating songs from when we split the Spectrum/Atari merged group, I changed about 50 more last night Seperating ST / XL etc. would be even more a pain in the ass.

Maybe append [XL] or [STe] to the end of the title name on upload, or put it in the info panel when you upload?
flagfranz_opa
hoplaa!

79 Posts
#51 (14 years, 4 months ago)
I think it's our mission to teach to average listener what these chips are about I was happy to learn about Atari XL & pokey myself some years ago

I would presume we have just a couple of XL tracks ...or no more than a dozen or two. And I guess they are quite easy to spot from the list for a person who knows Atari music well. But if you don't want to engage in this task now, we can of course postpone this task to the future.

I could myself begin the task soon by checking if there are some XL titles I know (or comparing our Atari directory to some listing of XL tunes), if you just let me to create a new XL platform category...
flagFishGuy876
FishGuy876 / Brainstorm

484 Posts
#52 (14 years, 4 months ago)
If you're able to see the difference, then go ahead and do the seperation now before there are too many The only song I could tell you for sure I know of is Rob Hubbard's 'Jet Set Willy' track, as it saved the game!

I probbably have a list of all the songs on one of my sites at http://www.andykellett.com/music
flagfranz_opa
hoplaa!

79 Posts
#53 (14 years, 4 months ago)
So, now we have Atari XL/XE, Atari STe and Atari Falcon platforms

But especially for last two it seems not so easy to find songs. But there are some, so I'll try to find them sooner or later
flagStefan_L
Deleted by request

167 Posts
#65 (14 years, 4 months ago)
"Ace tracker" music is a Falcon specific music format, i don't really know where to download music done with it... but it seems Evil of DHS has done several recordings of Falcon music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0TkK4mmvwU
Pages: 1

Reply To This Forum Post

Before posting a new, or replying to a forum topic, please be mindful of the following simple rules:

Forum posts can include highlighting and other fancy commands for embedding content, songs and groups etc. To learn more about how to use the BBCode features in your post, take a read Here on the forums to see how they look!

Please log in to post a reply.