User Menu

Notification Settings

Now Playing

Handheld » Game Boy (LSDJ, with extra equipment)Codex - Like The Animal I Am by flag Frostbyte
Requested By: flag djrandom
In Albums: Compilation Codex

Time Left: 4:52

Frostbyte - Codex Screenshot
Rating: 4.43 (14 Votes)

- Streams

Site Disclaimer

This site is non-profit (though donations are welcome to help pay the hosting/bandwidth fees, click the Donate button to learn about how it works). All music served by this radio station is either in the public domain, freely available on the internet (as MP3, or other original music format) or is played on a 'fair use' basis.

If you find a song that isn't in the public domain, or you wrote a piece of music that you would like removed from the site, please contact one of our team members who will be happy to help. Enjoy the music!

Meet The Dream Team

Site Coder/Maintainer:
FishGuy876 - Admin, Code

The Dream Team:
FishGuy876
Stefan_L
ViThor
Falken
StarPilot
Goatfather
DarkWolf
vanward
tyco
And our ninja moderators...

Extra Resources:
CVGM on Facebook

Popular Forum Topics:
forum Donating to CVGM
forum Never Received CVGM Activation Email
forum Introduce Yourself!
forum BBCodes For Forum & Oneliner
forum OneLiner / Forum Smilies
forum Official Upload FAQ

Please donate to our Beer/Amiga/Atari Fund if you like our site:

CVGM.net - Chiptune, Retro & Video Game Music

Development Area » Lock times for songs

Pages: 1
Author Thread
flagfranz_opa
hoplaa!

79 Posts
#896 (11 years, 11 months ago)
I don't see any point why new songs should have such a long lock times

When some "real" radio channel gets a new hot song on their hands they may play it once every hour and people seem to usually like that.

The reason for having lock times for a first place is understandable but setting such a long lock times for new songs seems just preventing people from hearing what they want to hear. I don't think that it's a good idea that if a new song has been played and somebody has missed it, he/she has to wait for eleven days to hear it again. Maybe something like three days would be enough for a new song though I think much more radical propositions could also be reasonably suggested.
flagStefan_L
Deleted by request

167 Posts
#897 (11 years, 11 months ago)
A good idea i think
flagFishGuy876
FishGuy876 / Brainstorm

484 Posts
#899 (11 years, 11 months ago)
I keep experimenting with the song locktimes, I will take another look at the code again soon. I should look to add some kind of clause for songs with no votes, and played less than 3 times.
Pages: 1

Reply To This Forum Post

Before posting a new, or replying to a forum topic, please be mindful of the following simple rules:

Forum posts can include highlighting and other fancy commands for embedding content, songs and groups etc. To learn more about how to use the BBCode features in your post, take a read Here on the forums to see how they look!

Please log in to post a reply.