User Menu

Notification Settings

Now Playing

Miscellaneous » Wild (unknown/unusual source)DBPS Track 5 - Requiem for the Nameless Victims (from Vampire Killer) by flag Naoto Shibata
Requested By: flag djrandom

Time Left: 6:11

Rating: 4.17 (6 Votes)

- Streams

Site Disclaimer

This site is non-profit (though donations are welcome to help pay the hosting/bandwidth fees, click the Donate button to learn about how it works). All music served by this radio station is either in the public domain, freely available on the internet (as MP3, or other original music format) or is played on a 'fair use' basis.

If you find a song that isn't in the public domain, or you wrote a piece of music that you would like removed from the site, please contact one of our team members who will be happy to help. Enjoy the music!

Meet The Dream Team

Site Coder/Maintainer:
FishGuy876 - Admin, Code

The Dream Team:
FishGuy876
Stefan_L
ViThor
Falken
StarPilot
Goatfather
DarkWolf
vanward
tyco
And our ninja moderators...

Extra Resources:
CVGM on Facebook

Popular Forum Topics:
forum Donating to CVGM
forum Never Received CVGM Activation Email
forum Introduce Yourself!
forum BBCodes For Forum & Oneliner
forum OneLiner / Forum Smilies
forum Official Upload FAQ

Please donate to our Beer/Amiga/Atari Fund if you like our site:

CVGM.net - Chiptune, Retro & Video Game Music

Development Area » Demovibes MassUploader

Pages: 1 2
Author Thread
flagrams
let me hack you back in time

27 Posts
#723 (12 years, 4 months ago)
Hi .. i recently resumed development for the demovibes mass uploader.

First of all, to run it you need windows or wine. I don't think it will run with mono, because of the win32 BASS integration.
To run this tool you need to have the latest version of the .NET Framework 4 installed
Get it from here, if you can't start the tool: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=17718

The tool makes use of the dynamic stuff that comes with .net 4.0.
A GTK based linux/mac port is on its way, but first i will get the windows version done.

http://www.cubernicus.org/dl/MassUploaderBin0.3.rar

You can find the source on gitorious (i wouldn't mess much with the code right now, beacuse i'm in the process of changing a lot of things).

https://gitorious.org/demovibes/mass-uploader

anyway, feel free to suggest features, report bugs, rant about .net

MANUAL:
0) Click "Settings.." and enter your userdata.
1) drag and drop the audio files you want to upload on the datagrid or click the "add files" button

2) right click on a row where the artistID is 0 and a search dialog will popup.
3) use the search and select an artist. If the artist isn't available, go to the demovibes page and create the artist manually
4) select the artist by clicking on an artist search result
5) as soon as there is an artist id in the artistID field, you can right click again on the field, and select "copy value to all rows in this column" and things like that.
6) enter the missing data in the missing fields
7) press upload and wait until the upload process is done

flagUltrasyd
( o Y o ) ლ(°◡°ლ)

72 Posts
#724 (12 years, 4 months ago)
Funny coincidence rams, i was talking about such a thing 2 days ago, and thought that someone like you could have the skills to do it ! Thank you very much ! Gonna try this with the remaining FF IX soundtrack
flagUltrasyd
( o Y o ) ლ(°◡°ლ)

72 Posts
#726 (12 years, 4 months ago)
Beta testing : Troubles with login, it said there is an error with my login. After a few tries, i quit, then started again, and it worked. I had no error with bigbeat radio, only with CVGM.
Then search for artist makes it crash.
flagFishGuy876
FishGuy876 / Brainstorm

484 Posts
#727 (12 years, 4 months ago)
Rams,

Nice tool I get the same error asy syd with logging in, and then if I specify my creds in the config file manually I get:

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.

And a lot of other .NET bollocks Is there something specific the server needs to have set or enabled for logins to work correctly?

I also reccomend that instead of typing in the URL, maybe a drop down box with some pre-determined sites, and offer the URL for a custom site?
flagUltrasyd
( o Y o ) ლ(°◡°ლ)

72 Posts
#728 (12 years, 4 months ago)
Now uploading ... The process of artist / label / platform filling was a bit long. I searched the number of artist / label / platform and pasted it for each song (more than 20) so it was quite long. Appart from that, there is just a few links missing, but that's only for CVGM, because we have many possible links, like VGMdb, ect...
Good job ! I'll see if it's uploading to the right place in a few minutes !

5 mins later : OK, so the fiels are correctly uploaded, but despite the fact that i correctly filled LABEL and SOURCE ID, it's missing after uploading.

Appart from that, it's pretty cool. Maybe an option to automatically modify the name of the songs would be cool. Let's say i have "blah blah" and "bli bli" as title for the songs. If i add "GAME NAME - blah blah", it would add "GAME NAME - bli bli" automatically. But it's just a detail : )

Edit : what a retard am I ! There an option, when right-clicking, to "copy to all fields in this row" !! Awesome>. But it seems to work only with Artist fields ?
flagUltrasyd
( o Y o ) ლ(°◡°ლ)

72 Posts
#729 (12 years, 4 months ago)
Rams, as Stefan_L suggested, one of the most annoying thing with Demovibes is when you want to have multiple artists. Would it be possible, for example, to add a "add more artist" button, so that it would be possible to have as many columns for artists as you want, and then just fill each one with artists' ID ?
Maybe "Lookup Artists" is done for that, but i can't access this button.
flagFishGuy876
FishGuy876 / Brainstorm

484 Posts
#730 (12 years, 4 months ago)
@Ultrasyd: I think the limitation there is the fact that just like regular uploads, the system must uipload to an individual artist. The additional artists must be added afterwards via the Edit Info option. It would be nice if the tool would actually go to this step and insert the additional information, but unfortunately it does not.

The code for the tool is in Git as rams stated, I may check it out sometime and see whats going on with it, but I do not want to succumb to the wrath of Microsoft-only libs like .NET

Rams, is there any way to make the program puke out a bunch of debugging info to a file so I can track why it crashes for me?
flagrams

27 Posts
#731 (12 years, 4 months ago)
thanks a lot for the feedback so far
i added all the suggested stuff (except for multiple artists) - and i'm working on the platform etc features right now.
flagStefan_L
Deleted by request

167 Posts
#732 (12 years, 4 months ago)
Looking forward to the new version
flagUltrasyd
( o Y o ) ლ(°◡°ლ)

72 Posts
#733 (12 years, 4 months ago)
Yay \o/
flagrams

27 Posts
#734 (12 years, 4 months ago)
flagUltrasyd
( o Y o ) ლ(°◡°ლ)

72 Posts
#735 (12 years, 4 months ago)
Lookup function still makes it crash as soon as I try it.
So i go the manual why, looking in CVGM database for ID, but i can't fill the Label ID, because tehre is a "-" there, which doesn't let me enter a number. While it's possible why other fields where there is a "0"
flagStefan_L
Deleted by request

167 Posts
#736 (12 years, 4 months ago)
I just tried the massuploader for the first time (v0.2) and it worked perfect Thanks Rams for this great program.
flagUltrasyd
( o Y o ) ლ(°◡°ლ)

72 Posts
#737 (12 years, 4 months ago)
Stefan, you entered a number for artist ID, or you could use the search function ? And what about the label ?
flagStefan_L
Deleted by request

167 Posts
#738 (12 years, 4 months ago)
for the artist i entered the number and for the label i right clicked in the field and searched for the label (Jaleco in this case).
flagUltrasyd
( o Y o ) ლ(°◡°ლ)

72 Posts
#739 (12 years, 4 months ago)
Great !

Here : I can now access the search function without crashing, but it finds no results :/
On my second computer, it works, but it now lacks just a little thing : copy the label ID to all tunes : ) Artist name was directly read from the id3 tag, awesome.
Don't know what's wrong with my computer, i reinstalled .NET just like on the 2nd computer, and it fails ...

What about you Fish, does it work now ?
flagrams

27 Posts
#740 (12 years, 4 months ago)
thanks for the report syd.. i will fix it this evening
flagFishGuy876
FishGuy876 / Brainstorm

484 Posts
#741 (12 years, 4 months ago)
I havent tried it yet no, I will try it right now. Has the issue with upload files as jpg been fixed?
flagUltrasyd
( o Y o ) ლ(°◡°ლ)

72 Posts
#742 (12 years, 4 months ago)
Haha, ok, so it's a bug because of the uplaoder ! I wasn't sure at all. I saw that Stefan uploaded some Tetris 2 tunes, and i just wanted to get a preview and listen, but the file could not be played, and the player was displaying "filexxxx.jpg", so i checked song info and saw that all his upload were jpg. Then i made a test with my recent uploads with the preview player, and i could listen to the songs, but i didn't check the song info. I see now that it's jpg too. But in any case, the stream play the files without any problem.
flagrams

27 Posts
#743 (12 years, 4 months ago)
oops will fix that now

contents.Append("Content-Disposition: form-data; name=\""+streamfieldname+"\"; filename=\""+streamfieldname+".jpg\"" + System.Environment.NewLine);
flagKoli

19 Posts
#744 (12 years, 4 months ago)
Looking forward to when the Linux & GTK version comes out for me to use.
flagrams

27 Posts
#745 (12 years, 4 months ago)
http://www.cubernicus.org/dl/MassUploaderBin0.3.rar

fixed the jpeg problem and some other things
flagrams

27 Posts
#746 (12 years, 4 months ago)
i found the gtk version i started 2 years ago and some of the code even survived into the most recent version ..so a first universal version should be available soon
flagStefan_L
Deleted by request

167 Posts
#747 (12 years, 4 months ago)
Fishguy.. should the songs that was uploaded with the older massuploader and became "JPG" be replaced (even if they play correctly in the stream)?
flagFishGuy876
FishGuy876 / Brainstorm

484 Posts
#748 (12 years, 4 months ago)
If the already-uploaded songs play fine, then no, you do not need to re-upload them
flagrams

27 Posts
#750 (12 years, 4 months ago)
status update on the mono/gtk# port:

completed tasks:
- add tracks
- display tracks in grid
- customize grid
- write all forms
- prepare all callbacks
- upload logic

remaining tasks:
- add lookup logic
- add option to remove tracks from grid
- testing

i'm writing this down mainly for me to remember because i forgot to set all the proper //TODO: comments
flagUltrasyd
( o Y o ) ლ(°◡°ლ)

72 Posts
#751 (12 years, 4 months ago)
Thank you for the updates rams ! I'll test v.0.3 during the week-end : )
flagStefan_L
Deleted by request

167 Posts
#752 (12 years, 4 months ago)
I can't add a youtube video id it just shows an error message?

Also a good feature would be to be able to add the same labels for all song that are selected... instead of adding for one song at a time.
flagrams

27 Posts
#753 (12 years, 4 months ago)
don't worry will all be in the new gtk version
flagrams

27 Posts
#754 (12 years, 4 months ago)
don't worry will all be in the new gtk version
Pages: 1 2

Reply To This Forum Post

Before posting a new, or replying to a forum topic, please be mindful of the following simple rules:

Forum posts can include highlighting and other fancy commands for embedding content, songs and groups etc. To learn more about how to use the BBCode features in your post, take a read Here on the forums to see how they look!

Please log in to post a reply.