User Menu

Notification Settings

Now Playing

Handheld » Game Boy AdvanceGolden Sun - Colosso 1 Have video by flag Motoi Sakuraba (桜庭 統)
Requested By: flag djrandom
Production Labels: LabelCamelot Software Planning
Icon Icon Icon

Time Left: 2:36

Rating: 4.00 (3 Votes)

- Streams

Site Disclaimer

This site is non-profit (though donations are welcome to help pay the hosting/bandwidth fees, click the Donate button to learn about how it works). All music served by this radio station is either in the public domain, freely available on the internet (as MP3, or other original music format) or is played on a 'fair use' basis.

If you find a song that isn't in the public domain, or you wrote a piece of music that you would like removed from the site, please contact one of our team members who will be happy to help. Enjoy the music!

Meet The Dream Team

Site Coder/Maintainer:
FishGuy876 - Admin, Code

The Dream Team:
FishGuy876
Stefan_L
ViThor
Falken
StarPilot
Goatfather
DarkWolf
vanward
tyco
And our ninja moderators...

Extra Resources:
CVGM on Facebook

Popular Forum Topics:
forum Donating to CVGM
forum Never Received CVGM Activation Email
forum Introduce Yourself!
forum BBCodes For Forum & Oneliner
forum OneLiner / Forum Smilies
forum Official Upload FAQ

Please donate to our Beer/Amiga/Atari Fund if you like our site:

CVGM.net - Chiptune, Retro & Video Game Music

Looking For Songs / Song Discussions » Jingles

Pages: 1
Author Thread
flagFishGuy876
FishGuy876 / Brainstorm

484 Posts
#100 (14 years, 4 months ago)
I had this conversation with BadAnimal forever ago and thought I would run it past you guys, in case I hadn't done so already.

I have been thinking of activating jingles in-between sound tracks, similar to how Necta has jingles. However, as we don't have any CVGM jingles I had toyed with the idea of using the various startup sounds and tunes from many different games, such as the 'Sega' song on the Megadrive, and the tune from the GameBoy when first turned on etc. A lot of various arcade games, and some other console games had custom intro sounds depending on the company they were created for, and if its something you'll like, I can go on a quest to find some of them.

What do you guys think?
flagStefan_L
Deleted by request

167 Posts
#115 (14 years, 4 months ago)
Do you mean having jingle betwen every tune played?
flagfranz_opa
hoplaa!

79 Posts
#116 (14 years, 4 months ago)
The idea is good. We can add some speech "CVGM" (if somebody creates it) after instrumental jingle.

I will suggest some jingles later
flagFishGuy876
FishGuy876 / Brainstorm

484 Posts
#118 (14 years, 3 months ago)
@stefan_l: No, jingles would play once every 15 minutes or so, randomly picked from whatever tracks are set as jingles. They are uploaded like normal tracks, and set to Jingle status in the Info screen.

@franz_koopa: I might try to do something like that, I usually sound terrible on the mic but i'll give it a try. Maybe BitArts can do us a mean ass theme tune
flagfranz_opa
hoplaa!

79 Posts
#120 (14 years, 3 months ago)
i thought that voice will be manipulated instead of using clean voice (btw, just slowing/dropping aftificially voice just a little bit makes it often sound more credible...). so it doesn't matter so much who speaks. speak from old computers (like amiga workbench's speech program) can be used for some jingles
flagHneet
No info line :shrug:

8 Posts
#1391 (10 years, 1 month ago)
Hi,

Would the "Bubba 'n' Stix - Interlude" song be a nice jingle ?
http://www.cvgm.net/demovibes/song/28211

If needed I've created a survey
http://www.framadate.org/studs.php?sondage=tlxbezajkeowk8oj#bas
Pages: 1

Reply To This Forum Post

Before posting a new, or replying to a forum topic, please be mindful of the following simple rules:

Forum posts can include highlighting and other fancy commands for embedding content, songs and groups etc. To learn more about how to use the BBCode features in your post, take a read Here on the forums to see how they look!

Please log in to post a reply.