User Menu

Notification Settings

Now Playing

Console » DreamcastDaytona USA - Sky High (Race) by flag Takenobu Mitsuyoshi (光吉 猛修)
Requested By: flag djrandom
Production Labels: LabelSega
Icon Icon

Time Left: 4:16

Rating: 3.88 (8 Votes)

- Streams

Site Disclaimer

This site is non-profit (though donations are welcome to help pay the hosting/bandwidth fees, click the Donate button to learn about how it works). All music served by this radio station is either in the public domain, freely available on the internet (as MP3, or other original music format) or is played on a 'fair use' basis.

If you find a song that isn't in the public domain, or you wrote a piece of music that you would like removed from the site, please contact one of our team members who will be happy to help. Enjoy the music!

Meet The Dream Team

Site Coder/Maintainer:
FishGuy876 - Admin, Code

The Dream Team:
FishGuy876
Stefan_L
ViThor
Falken
StarPilot
Goatfather
DarkWolf
vanward
tyco
And our ninja moderators...

Extra Resources:
CVGM on Facebook

Popular Forum Topics:
forum Donating to CVGM
forum Never Received CVGM Activation Email
forum Introduce Yourself!
forum BBCodes For Forum & Oneliner
forum OneLiner / Forum Smilies
forum Official Upload FAQ

Please donate to our Beer/Amiga/Atari Fund if you like our site:

CVGM.net - Chiptune, Retro & Video Game Music

General Discussion » Vengeful Chip - A video game music collection in FLAC.

Pages: 1
Author Thread
flagandoru

12 Posts
#1152 (11 years, 5 months ago)
I started up this project because this is something that hasn't been done before. The goal of it is to collect as many game soundtracks from as many platforms (Lemmings as an example, we have it's complete soundtrack from 17 different ports), from the common IBM-PC, to the more exotic X68000, from common consoles like SNES to 3DO or PC-Engine.

At the moment I'm a bit "short-staffed" and would need some help. I have been pointed out that my recordings might not be 100% original-hardware accurate, so I would be needing somebody who is able to record music from as many systems. I'm also in need of donations, since I'd like to offer the guests direct downloads to content. You can read more details here if you'd like to help:

http://vengefulchip.tk/want-to-contribute/

Also, feel free to take a stroll through the site, and take a look at what I've done so far (partly what's available here too)

Thank you for your time, and and if I posted this in the wrong category on these forums, mods please feel free to move/remove the thread. ^^
flagKoli

19 Posts
#1177 (11 years, 5 months ago)
You're welcome to pull some stuff off my website (http://la32.co.uk).

Many of them are in need of re-recording from my new sound card, but the ones that have already been done are:

Inferno (SC-55 / LAPC-I)
European Champions (LAPC-I)
TFX (LAPC-I)
Utopia
One Step Beyond
Jurassic Park (LAPC-I)

All of these are OSTs, since the game either plays them too quickly or too slowly - except for Utopia which plays properly.

I haven't had time to finish off the others, having started a new job. Have been slowly doing the SC-55 version of TFX though.
flagandoru

12 Posts
#1178 (11 years, 5 months ago)
Thanks, I'll try to give it a go later on (very pressed by time ATM). If you would like, we could do a collab, or you could work with me ^^
flagKoli

19 Posts
#1179 (11 years, 5 months ago)
I haven't been able to record much due to my new job, but also because hoot doesn't like my new sound card (MIDI keeps skipping, while in DOSBox and in MIDI players it's perfectly fine).
flagandoru

12 Posts
#1180 (11 years, 5 months ago)
The I have pretty much the same problem as you. You might have noticed I posted on the site a notice that I'll be unavailable in the following month, but I'll try to post again real soon after that.
flagandoru

12 Posts
#1206 (11 years, 2 months ago)
Just wanted to inform you guys that I'm out of the hiatus and have posted chiptunes from the Archimedes port of Lemmings thanks to Stefan_L! Also will be posting the entire LSL chiptune collection and hopefully I'll have enough time to post it here too ^^
flagandoru

12 Posts
#1315 (10 years, 8 months ago)
Haven't posted here in a while, but just a quick update, I posted Raptor: Call of the Shadows as a request from a friend a few months ago and fixed some sets. Remember you can always contact me to let me know of any flaws =D
I also started a YouTube Channel, for those of you who are too lazy to download the sets XD

Also meanwhile I've uploaded Leisure Suit Larry complete soundtrack (minus the Amiga and Atari ST sets, sorry! If anyone has save states or can offer to record those, please do tell! ^^ ), Sid & Al Incredible Toons, TIM2, Gradius, TTO/TTD, Lemmings 2: The Tribes, and Raptor: Call of the Shadows.
I know I know, mostly classic IBM-PC stuff, but I thought I should leave the titles here anyway =3
flagandoru

12 Posts
#1318 (10 years, 8 months ago)
Sorry for the triple post.

I'm looking for someone with Acorn Archimedes and/or Amiga original hardware who has some spare time on their hands to record the soundtracks of Cannon Fodder, Lemmings 2 and Sim City 2000 for both Amiga and Archimedes on the original hardware, or emulation (I tried it and it hasn't worked well, but if you can work around this I'll happily accept that too ).
You'll be guided as to where those tracks are played (except in the case of SC, as it happens randomly) and what to do to cause them to play.
If somebody knows how to rip the mods or the packed sound files that'll be even better =)
Thanks in advance!
flagandoru

12 Posts
#1327 (10 years, 7 months ago)
No longer need help with the Archimedes, thanks to Stefan_L =D
I posted the soundtracks for those games as well.

But as a main update I posted the full soundtrack of The Adventures of Willy Beamish. This one took me a while to finish...
I had to manually edit the FM recordings instead, since I couldn't loop the tracks in the FM player by NRS (Vogons forums). It was quite a hassle, but still better and easier than record in-game. ^^
If you notice anything wrong in the way the songs loop in the FM set, or if you happen to know how the songs are titled please let me know. Also let me know if any tracks in the FM set sound weird or not how they were supposed to (aside from the stereo FM that wasn’t available in-game).

Also, if you want to help and have a MT- or CM- series Roland modules (and some free time =P ), I uploaded the SMF and SysEx files, so you have half of the work done =D
Contact me beforehand though.
Also if there's anyone able to record or extract the Amiga/Macintosh version, that would be quite awesome too ^^

Props for the Sierra extractor go to tikalat from Vogons forums.
Pages: 1

Reply To This Forum Post

Before posting a new, or replying to a forum topic, please be mindful of the following simple rules:

Forum posts can include highlighting and other fancy commands for embedding content, songs and groups etc. To learn more about how to use the BBCode features in your post, take a read Here on the forums to see how they look!

Please log in to post a reply.