User Menu

Notification Settings

Now Playing

Computer » ZX Spectrum (AY)Trashe Have video by flag Scratcher (Sergey Aukin)
Requested By: flag djrandom
Pouet Icon Icon

Time Left: 4:40

Trashe Screenshot
Rating: 4.67 (3 Votes)

- Streams

Site Disclaimer

This site is non-profit (though donations are welcome to help pay the hosting/bandwidth fees, click the Donate button to learn about how it works). All music served by this radio station is either in the public domain, freely available on the internet (as MP3, or other original music format) or is played on a 'fair use' basis.

If you find a song that isn't in the public domain, or you wrote a piece of music that you would like removed from the site, please contact one of our team members who will be happy to help. Enjoy the music!

Meet The Dream Team

Site Coder/Maintainer:
FishGuy876 - Admin, Code

The Dream Team:
FishGuy876
Stefan_L
ViThor
Falken
StarPilot
Goatfather
DarkWolf
vanward
tyco
And our ninja moderators...

Extra Resources:
CVGM on Facebook

Popular Forum Topics:
forum Donating to CVGM
forum Never Received CVGM Activation Email
forum Introduce Yourself!
forum BBCodes For Forum & Oneliner
forum OneLiner / Forum Smilies
forum Official Upload FAQ

Please donate to our Beer/Amiga/Atari Fund if you like our site:

CVGM.net - Chiptune, Retro & Video Game Music

Development Area » Things uploader should know

Pages: 1
Author Thread
flagfranz_opa
hoplaa!

79 Posts
#29 (14 years, 5 months ago)
In this topic we can talk about things uploader should know before uploading... And how to tell uploaders about these issues.

Some things that now come to my mind:

-proper volume levels (this sure is important...)

-amiga stereo separation issue

-tell people not to upload fake-stereo SIDs (some SIDplayers put some SID channels to L others to R. often fake-separation is so stupid that it creates the same problem as Amiga's 100% stereo separation)

-should we tell people to upload only stone oakvalley (or other authentic SID recordings) if available?

-should we tell people to be careful when uploading SID music with samples since there is a high possibility of uploading bad emulation/recording? (i've already replaced two or three SIDs here)
flagFishGuy876
FishGuy876 / Brainstorm

484 Posts
#30 (14 years, 5 months ago)
I started working on some docs before the crash about propper conversion etc. I'll dig them out and start working on them again.

Rather than tell people what they should/should not upload, would be better to 'suggest' they look for an authentic recording first and see if it sounds better. SOAMC has every amiga track recorded now (I downloaded all 380gb+ of it a while back) so theres no shortage of music.

I need to research how to fix stereo seperation in audacity rather then combining both channels together.
flagfranz_opa
hoplaa!

79 Posts
#38 (14 years, 5 months ago)
Regarding to Amiga, there's hardly difference between emulation and authentic recordings... or what do you think? I think ppl can't really hear the difference.
flagFishGuy876
FishGuy876 / Brainstorm

484 Posts
#44 (14 years, 5 months ago)
Depends on the format of the song; For mods and so forth, theres' MODPlug Player which is just as genuine as the Amiga sound (it'll even correctly handle stereo seperation) and it's what I have used to convert many of my songs to MP3 format.

For explicitly custom songs, then the Amiga is the way to go. I need to put mine back together to re-record a few more songs from Deliplayer!
flagfranz_opa
hoplaa!

79 Posts
#71 (14 years, 4 months ago)
I hope people don't upload PC tracker music to "OPL-3 (SB pro 2, SB16)" category. Some people may do so - I fear - since they have played tracker music with their SB16 cards...

All PC tracker music is now categorized to platform called simply "PC tracker music (S3M, XM, IT)" in order to keep the number of PC platforms reasonable

OPL-3 platform is only for that bleepier stuff you can get out of SB16 (like MIDI music played with it).

SB16, btw, is quite odd card, since it has CD quality sample output but plays midi only through that FM chip based on ancient technology

EDIT: this decision of me and ultrasyd to put all PC tracker music under one platform is of course something we can still talk about. maybe we were acting too fast... ATM we have just XM files.
flagFishGuy876
FishGuy876 / Brainstorm

484 Posts
#73 (14 years, 4 months ago)
I like the idea of putting the tracker formats together, as most people will recognize the file extension and apply it accordingly. I think the other issue is that people will put stuff there instead of in the correct OPL categories; Especially people who don't know much about the hardware (like myself).

You guys are doing an excellent job, and I am glad you are on the team
flagStefan_L
Deleted by request

167 Posts
#101 (14 years, 4 months ago)
Some of the stuff i have been uploading is mono, i missed the fact taht only "stereo or joint stereo" was allowed (actually i thought joint stereo ment mono).
They have been accepted so i guess it is ok... or will this cause problem in the future?
flagFishGuy876
FishGuy876 / Brainstorm

484 Posts
#102 (14 years, 4 months ago)
The whole mono/stereo issue has been corrected now, so it's actually OK to upload mono MP3's. It used to make the stream race like crazy before, and now it isn't an issue so we're ok
flagmarquisor

1 Posts
#123 (14 years, 4 months ago)
you should think about quality rules to make it easier for approving, therefore you/the community or mods should set some MUST HAVE criterias and if they're finally done put a link on the left frame menu as "HowTo upload" or similar.

a list for each format would be the best solution:

f.e.
quality rules for .mod tunes:

- normalized (or not) to xx%
- stereo separation 100%
- at least 192 kbps 48KHz or better more (i would use the maximum for storage and stream if cpu power available, if not the target stream bitrate)
- highly prefer records from original machine directly, not emulated (maybe mark such songs as not-emulated)
- 0,5s silence before and after song? or how much?
-
etc. etc.

and for each rule recording tips like:

use input level 100%, 96000Hz, 24bit, after that filter xyz, save to mp3/ogg 320kbps f.e.

to assure the "hopefully" same quality.

flagfranz_opa
hoplaa!

79 Posts
#168 (14 years, 4 months ago)
from youtube ppl can often find videos revealing which songs are "title", "ingame" or "level 1" etc. these are better names than just "song 1", "song 2" etc.
Pages: 1

Reply To This Forum Post

Before posting a new, or replying to a forum topic, please be mindful of the following simple rules:

Forum posts can include highlighting and other fancy commands for embedding content, songs and groups etc. To learn more about how to use the BBCode features in your post, take a read Here on the forums to see how they look!

Please log in to post a reply.